1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont get me wrong,i love this gun and i will never sell it,but i am having a problem with it. I dont know if its me or the gun but it seems every once in a while when firing the gun a shell will come straight back and smack me on the bridge of my nose instead of ejecting out and to the right and slightly to the rear. What causes this problem? Thanks for your help..

·
Registered
555 Posts
Have the same problem with my Pro Carry. Could be a light reload or amybe the extractor. In any case, I changed the extractor yesterday. Is the gun broken in yet? Even with the old extractor mine stopped doing it after a few hundred rounds.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i had the same problem with a colt commander that i used to have, about every 5 or six rounds it would hit me in the face! i was told that it was the extractor, so thats what i would check first. my brother has a pro carry, and it doesn't do it. so my guess would have to be the extractor

russel the cop

------------------
CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND....

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Yep, extractor. You may want to check and adjust tension.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Sneekyhunter,

I wouldn't mess with the gun until I shot a couple of hundreds rounds more through it. If it still throws shells at you I'd look at adjusting the extractor or buying a better quality extractor--a Wilson or Brown.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I would say there's a problem if this happens consistently. If it's sporadic, pay attention to what you're shooting and make sure it's not something you're doing.

[This message has been edited by Mute (edited 05-22-2001).]

·
Registered
416 Posts
I just bought my Kimber(300 rds fired)and had the same problem, but not with the +Ps I'ver fired. I did the extractor tuning featured in m1911.org, but no change in the performance of the standards rounds. Maybe I just need to break it in, or just use +Ps?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I think you all have the target in yer sights...Shoot the crap out of it another 500 or so and wear your damn safety glasses please!

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts