1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda off topic but it's comes from Kimber. :D

Anyone have or seen one? I'm about to order something, I think the $39 Midway everyone raves about, but it would be cool to have the Kimber logo bag although they're more money. I wonder if they're actually worth it or if it's just the logo that adds the $$$.

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
Handle and buy a range bag at the next gun show. I frankly know of no one who raves about range bags, they're pretty utilitarian. They're also too small. Bags large enough to carry much just get extremely heavy as I keep tossing stuff into them!

My range bags have no logos.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't have a logo on my range bag either. I just think if it's in my car and someone sees a logo they may decide to break in and take it. If they just see a bag they might thinki t's my gym bag and pass on the break in.

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D It's already ordered, along with a couple other things. Isn't that how it goes? Go to order one thing and get 3-4-5??? ;)

I figured it probably doesn't suck and the price is decent so order it and get on with the day. :dope:

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
The Galati super range bag and Mini super range bags are nice. I've got the super range bag. It's a bit too large for me. If I did it over, I would have bought the mini super bag. They are very sturdy and have lots of room, though.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Go to Lowe's and buy a tool bag for less than $25. Much larger than the Kimber bag. Very strong and has lots of pockets... Looks cool IMO.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My favorite of the bunch-

Ive got a kimber range bag. I use it the most due to its size and it was cheap. You can easily carry 4 to 5 pistols plus ammo and cleaning stuff in there. Ive also got a 5.11 Range bag that just sits in my closet. Its WAY too big to run to the range with for a quick shoot. I wouldnt recommend those unless you're planning an all day event at the range and need to pack a lunch too.

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kimber11 said:
Ive got a kimber range bag. I use it the most due to its size and it was cheap. You can easily carry 4 to 5 pistols plus ammo and cleaning stuff in there. Ive also got a 5.11 Range bag that just sits in my closet. Its WAY too big to run to the range with for a quick shoot. I wouldnt recommend those unless you're planning an all day event at the range and need to pack a lunch too.
Guess I'm comparing the $40 for the MidwayUSA monster to the $55 for the small Kimber bag and seeing the $$$ sense only. I'd like a Kimber bag, but the name embroidered on the side isn't worth $15 to me. But who knows, my Midway comes in tomorrow and if it's as huge as it seems, it may just be too big for my needs. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts