1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I performed a search on this firearm, I read that some members have this model. Just a question or two. Have you gotten use to the trench sight? About how far out are you comfortable with regards to accuracy? Would you purchase it all over again if you could?

Thanks,

Sonny

·
Registered
14 Posts
RCP II

My wife gave me one for Christmas. At first, I was not happy with it, but after handling it and looking at it more and more, I am starting to like it as much as my Ultra CDP II. I have shot only 50 rounds through it so far. I am very pleased with the trench sight at 30 feet. Target acquisition with the trench is fast and I am looking forward to putting more rounds down range.

I already purchased a High Noon inside the waist belt holster for it. The RCP in this holster is very comfortable; more comfortable than the Ultra CDP.

·
Registered
750 Posts
It's a neat gun, I handled one but never shot it. It sort of reminds me of the C.T. Brian Sidewinder with it's super-bobbed hammer and stubby grip safety. Personally, I'm not a big fan of barrels under 4", so I'll pass on that gun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just posted a review of mine.

I like it. The trench sights are different but I got used to them quickly. I have a pretty consistant draw and presentation so the sights line-up without much adjustment normally. Mine shoots as good as any small .45 I own (and better than a couple) so it should do the job.

I still have a couple of problems with the 3" barel and grip safety design on the Kimber (not just the RCP). It broke-in fine and is 100% reliable but for the price I think the factory could have done a better job fitting the gun. Don't think it would stop me from buying another one.

Roger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts