1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Kimber 22 about a month ago. I had some problems with Remington ammo jamming, but switched to CCI mini mags and everything was Ok. Went to the range today and shot 100 rounds, or 10 mags. Every time I reloaded and shot, the gun jammed on the 2nd bullet without exception. I had to use a small screwdriver to pry the bullet out every time. Does anybody else have this problem? Any Ideas to cure it?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I put 160 rounds through my conversion kit last week without a hitch. I did strip it and clean and lube it before I went. Did you try that? I used MiniMags as well although tomorrow am going to try some other stuff through it.

Dave D

·
Registered
60 Posts
rickKane,
This may sound crazy, but I find it works. First, load your mag, then put a drop of oil on the top round, half of the oil on the lead and the other half on the casing. Don't over do it, just a drop will do. Now, send the slide home and start shooting. See if this helps. I learned this years ago from an armorer when I was in the Marine Corps. Also, continue to do this with every mag until you throughly break the weapon in. Approx 500 rounds should do it. From then on you can put the oil on every once in awhile if you choose.
I own the same weapon you do, and I was having the same problem until I started doing what I stated above. From then on the problem went away. I also use CCI blazer ammo most of the time. Even though it's not hi velocity, it works fine. Every so often I use CCI stinger ammo. It has more of a kick, and is a hoot to shoot.
I also clean my weapons after each use. A lot of shooters blame the weapon when they malfunction, when in reality all they need is a through cleaning and lube. I personally don't like a lot of crud sticking to every part of the weapon, it's a disaster waiting to happen. Keep it clean and it won't let you down.
Good Luck, and be safe.

SILENT ONE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts