1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure here I've had my kimber sitting in the gun cabinet since sept 11 2001 , that was the last time i had any gunsmithing done to it. BUT I have a Stainless Fullsize serial number K028xxx. I am assuming that it is a series one since it doesn't have a 2 anywhere on it except the serial number. I will post pics of her soon , it took me a while but i changed out all MIM parts on it. Only thing left on it original is the slide , barrell, and the frame, everything else is Ed Brown or Les Baer , oh and the Novak Trijicon bar dot site set up. nicely trimmed out with electric blue Kim Aherns wood grips.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then I have a series 1 , what is the diff between them?

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Series 1= Holy Grail
Series 2= Holy Fail

Sorry, folks, that was too easy. AZHusker's sense of humor is starting to rub off on me.

The Series II guns have an internal firing pin safety system that has been much maligned. For more info, your best bet is to use the search function at the top of the page.

Damian

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sig239fan said:
Then I have a series 1 , what is the diff between them?
The Series II has a firing pin safety that the Series I doesn't. Some, like me, see that as one more mechanical part to fail. OTOH, they seem to work fine in practice. Others here may disagree.

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Yours was made before they switched to a firing pin safety, activated by the grip safety. More importantly, it is from the earlier days of more attention to detail and many would say higher quality.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahhhh good thing I didn't ditch it on a trade , got offered a H&K Squeeze cocker for it , but declined , I think I paid 650 for the Kimber new , have more than that in gunsmith fees unfortunatly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts