1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
All this extra stuff on guns means one thing. More bait for long term prohibition of firearms. Let's face it, a person who does not point the gun in a safe direction. **A relatively easy thing to do which has been preached for at least 130 years by the NRA is not followed. So is it logical to assume that someone will remember to turn a key? People who don't check the chambers and magazines as required are going to look at that assinine chamber indicator? I don't think so. These modifications are just food for thought for more "gun zoning". Productions standards which do nothing in the long run and burden a manufacturer who is falling for this blatant deceit. This will serve to show that "guns cannot be made safe". Springfield should be ashamed of themselves for trying to convince people that ILS is so revolutionary. In my three decades of handling guns, it is downright assinine. Screw the ILS and Chamber Indicator. More bait to PROVE that guns are "UNSAFE".

------------------
The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed

·
Registered
445 Posts
Originally posted by dsk:
It's not just guns, NetLar, it's modern life. Look at all the safety crap they put on new lawnmowers, making it so you can't even cut your own grass anymore because they're afraid you might stick your hand underneath it while it's running (don't laugh, some people ARE that stupid). And how about cars, with all the electronic safety junk on them? One of my favorit movie scenes is Demolition Man, where Sylvester Stallone wrecks his futuristic car and suddenly becomes encased in "safety foam".
DSK,
What if someone else puts their hands under the lawnmover with that grip safety on the lawnmover? I guess you need two people to commit an act of negligence? Much good intention with little common sense. So is liberalism and guns.

------------------
The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.