1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the sights on a Kimber pistol proprietary to Kimber???

Meaning is the dovetail compatible with say some combat sights from Wilson??? Or is the size of the dovetail only for Kimber sights???

Thanks...

·
Registered
332 Posts
soem mfg make sights that fit kimbers, but the magority of the sights you see advertised for "1911's" will not fit a kimber dovetail. they will require machining to fit on your slide. i ran into this problem before, so be careful.have fun.

------------------
Nothing like to smell of Breakfree to make my day complete.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Hey Seppeku, check out the Heinie sights. He makes them to fit the Kimber cuts. Best sights ever.

------------------
"I would like to see a restoration of a Constitutional Republic, with the federal government defanged, muzzled, shackled and cast back into its constitutional prison." - Noumenon (From FreeRepublic.com)

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by Seppeku:
Are the sights on a Kimber pistol proprietary to Kimber???

Meaning is the dovetail compatible with say some combat sights from Wilson??? Or is the size of the dovetail only for Kimber sights???

Thanks...
Yes... The Kimber Dovetail cut is unique, and yes, as previously mentioned, other manufacturers have built replacements for that cut so you do not have to "re-machine" the cuts.

Of course, your options are much better with the Fixed sight styles, as the Adjustables on the "Target" models are EXTREMELY unique, and only Bomar offers a replacement for the LPA sight that Kimber has adopted, at this time.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!!! I'm considering getting a CDP Pro, but don't care too much for the Kimber sights and didn't know how much trouble it would be to replace those...

Thanks for the info... and God help us all!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts