1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I broke the ejector(EJ) in a Kimber SIS Ultra. I wrote it off to using an 8-round magazine in a compact-size frame...:scratch:

I've been carrying this gun;and just did an inspect/clean/lube on it. When I re-inserted the compact-size, 7-round, KimPro Tac magazine (this is the mag that comes with this gun)
I noticed the top round in the magazine was hitting against the ejector;and,not just kind of...it was full-on against the ejector.

Why is this happening? What can I do to prevent it?

I replaced the broken ejector myself with a replacement that Kimber sent me. It ejects the brass ok;just don't want to break another piece of MIM.:biglaugh:

TIA,

Mike

·
Premium Member
14,641 Posts
A while back I broke the ejector(EJ) in a Kimber SIS Ultra. I wrote it off to using an 8-round magazine in a compact-size frame...:scratch:

I've been carrying this gun;and just did an inspect/clean/lube on it. When I re-inserted the compact-size, 7-round, KimPro Tac magazine (this is the mag that comes with this gun)
I noticed the top round in the magazine was hitting against the ejector;and,not just kind of...it was full-on against the ejector.

Why is this happening? What can I do to prevent it?

I replaced the broken ejector myself with a replacement that Kimber sent me. It ejects the brass ok;just don't want to break another piece of MIM.:biglaugh:

TIA,

Mike
File the underside of the ejector to develop clearance. The inside bottom corner can be filed at a 45° angle so as to keep as much strength in the part as possible.

LOG

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,fellas!

I will proceed with the filing and inspecting. Will probably be tomorrow before I can get to it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've not heard of this before.

Give us a update when you have time.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes,sir,dond. Will do!

LOG or somebody more knowledgeable than me can verify;but,I don't think this is a big deal in a 1911-type gun. Then again,maybe it is? I dunno.

I will break out the needle-files asap and report back how much damage I have done.:biglaugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts