1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a question for the more knowledgeable people here:

I recently purchased a used Kimber Pro CDP II pistol. I am having a problem with the slide stop not releasing properly. It locks back just fine on an empty magazine, but will not disengage automatically.

The only way I can get the slide stop to release is to manually work it. If I lock the slide back and then insert a fully loaded magazine, the slide stop will not release when I try and work the slide. If I manually release the slide stop then the pistol works fine. This is my first Kimber so I briefly thought it might be a Kimber feature, but now I realize that can’t be the case.

What can I do to remedy this problem?

Thanks for you help

--Corey

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Maybe I am misunderstanding you. It locks back after the last round, drop the mag, insert another mag with ammo, and you expect the slide to fall automatically?

It doesn't work that way. Either you disengage the slide stop or sling shot the slide to chamber another round.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. You did misunderstand or I didn't clearly state what I meant.

I did not expect it to close automatically when I insert the fresh magazine.

When I try and sling shot the slide, the slide stop does not release.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Ok, I think I understand now. If it has a shok buff in it, you can not pull the slide back far enough to depress the slide stop. If it doesn't have a shok buff in it, you may have a problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mr. Forsyth,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The pistol does in fact have a Shok Buff on it . I am not familiar with this product. What advantage does it offer to the pistol?

--Corey

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
The purpose of a shok buff is to reduce frame battering. Some people like them and some do not. Use the search function, key words, shok buff, and you will find a ton of information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts