1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why I just don't like the kimber, you ever have something, and as much as you tell yourself you should like it...you just don't for some reason, well, thats where I'm at. I looked at the springfeilds and liked most of them, I've shot a few, but they where lower end models and my kimber did better but I still liked the springfeilds, alot has to do with looks, the feel of the two doesn't contrast too much for me, but it's almost like I want my Kimber to look as good as it shoots, and the springfeilds had a nice, feel/appearance to me. Not to be picky, but a nice-looking pistol is a big thing for me. Whats the average price for a mid-top level springfeild?? I have always owned revolovers, just recently got into autos and always wanted a 1911, this kimber is my second 1911, the other is a mil-spec colt thats shoots well, but the kimber was an upgrade (I thought) Theres just so many to choose from with so many options!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'll go ahead and say this so nobody else has to. It is not a wise decision to base a gun purchase on looks. Now I understand that looks ARE important, but I believe reliability, accuracy, and ease of operation are more important, then after checking those boxes judge the looks. You know this is especially true of 1911's because you can really customize any 1911 to the look you want without spending very much. If you buy a nice looking but utterly inaccurate and unreliable piece it will cost you a whole lot more to get it working right. Just my $.02

Mike

·
Premium Member
20,405 Posts
Many are kinda like a Bic lighter...
No matter how you dress them up, they're still disposable!

If the gun isn't sound in design and workmanship, it doesn't matter what goodies are on it. Look for quality.

·
Administrator
73,843 Posts
LW closed the previous thread because it was overly redundant. Therefore this one is being locked as well. Shocktroop, when a mod closes a thread that means don't go starting another one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.