1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't use the search from the crackberry worth a dang & was wondering how these two pistols stacked up against each other in fit/function and accuracy along with the ability of the finish to resist wear.

How does Kimbers customer service stack up against Springfields.

Almost pulled the trigger on a TRP when the Tac Custom HD II was mentioned and now I'm a wondering how they compare.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
I have 4 Kimbers 1 is a tactical custom 2 and 1 Springfield loaded champion,after dealing with both cs Springfield hands down these people are very nice people to help you with a problem if you have one. The trp is the choice i would make,keep this in mind i had only 1 problem with my Kimbers and would not get rid of them but after i had a problem with my Springfield they were very helpful paid all shipping cost up front and not only fixed my gun they basically replaced anything that didn't look right or work right.

for what it is worth:)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don't own any handgun other than my Kimber Pro Elite, bought new in 1999. And, I've only ever had one issue with the gun. I lost that stinkin' little wire thingy. I called CS, they mailed out two new ones along with a new book (guess they had to have something to tape them to), and I got them within a week. Oh, and no charge either.

I'm pretty happy with Kimber's customer service.

·
Registered
46 Posts
no kimber

i have had problems with kimbers CS.. I think the trp is the way to go hands down... i think it feels better plus the CS for SA is amazing great people..

·
Registered
598 Posts
TRP is what I vote, best handgun I will ever own, for the money. One other reason: TRP is a series 70 and feels like it has a much better trigger than any series 80 (FP safety) Kimber I have ever shot. Just my personal opinion.

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
TRP is what I vote, best handgun I will ever own, for the money. One other reason: TRP is a series 70 and feels like it has a much better trigger than any series 80 (FP safety) Kimber I have ever shot. Just my personal opinion.
Kimbers aren't Series 80 guns. The firing pin block in the Kimbers has nothing to do with the trigger pull.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I love my Kimber.

I loved both of my Springfields.

With that in mind, I seriously believe I would go with the TRP not so much due to the Customer Service end of things as much as because of the gun itself.

The TRP is on my short list to acquire.

prt

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
I own a TRP and it is a fine pistol, goes bang every single time... stone cold reliable. The Armory Koat hold up extremely well, in fact I have seriously considered sending my Kimber to SA for AK.

I highly recommend the TRP.

Here is a pic to tease you a little :D 3 years old and was my daily carry for about a year, notice the finish is in great shape, that is lent on the slide not scratches.

edit:
Here is a good pic of the slide, extractor fitting:

There are tooling marks on the trigger guard that my Kimber does NOT have.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Kimbers aren't Series 80 guns. The firing pin block in the Kimbers has nothing to do with the trigger pull.
Then I guess it is something else that makes the trigger on most Kimbers I have fired feel very "spongey". Not trying to start a war here, just my opinion from the Kimbers I have shot. If you are wondering, I have fired 3 TLE RLs, 1 Tactical Custom, 1 Pro Carry, and 1 Eclipse. They were all very accurate but did not have as crisp a trigger as my TRP did. Does this make me an expert on Kimber triggers? No, just my opinion based on personal experience.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
The trigger on my Pro Carry is just as good as my TRP trigger. I bought it used so it is possible that it was worked on, I don't really know.

My factory TRP trigger had some lateral slop but it broke crisp and clean, the 10-8 trigger is great with very little lateral play.

No wrong choice of the 2 options you gave. I will say that the TRP has a very solid reputation, I would go to war with mine, anytime.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Maybe I got lucky by getting my Kimber when I did (1999). I'm hearing all kinds of things like feeding issues, firing issues, spongy triggers, and something about the safety.

My Pro Elite has been trouble free ever since I got it. I did polish the feed ramp when I first got it because some rounds seemed too slow to feed into the chamber. But since then, not one single hiccup with this gun. Trigger? Almost no travel, and it's crisp and clean when it goes. In fact, I've had people pick up my Kimber and try it and scared themselves with how easy it was to get the hammer to fall.

Anyway, I hope others out there continue to have trouble free operation with their firearms, regardless of make/model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts