1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kimber Tactical Pro II that I bought it a few years ago from a guy who had it in his Jeep glove box since it was new with no protection. It didn’t look like it had ever been cleaned either; I guess I felt sorry for it. I took it down to the frame and scrubbed and oiled it. As you see it is ascetically rough.

I want to get it refurbished and maybe due some enhancements. I am looking at Robar Guns; anybody have any experience with them? Thoughts on what you would think a Tactical Pro II would need regarding enhancements? It’s a great shooter; the beating it took in the glove box and lack of cleaning doesn’t seem to have hurt it sans the finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Robar does fantastic work. They installed this round butt magwell and applied the NP3 finish to this Wilson

·
Premium Member
20,345 Posts
I agree, a total Robar Np3 job is the best way to go. It is not a spray and bake finish like so many others. It is a chemical bond with a lifetime guarantee. It will cost twice as much as a paint job, but you will never have to pay again. As far as changes I wouldn't do a thing unless there is something that you are unhappy with. If you do need to replace small parts you can always mail them to Robar to match the gun and have them covered by warranty also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts