1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my new toy today I thought it looked different but I couldnt' put my finger on it. When did Kimber start making the frames of the Tacticals black? The older ones seemed to have some contrast (gray frames) while the newer ones appear to be all black. I'm not complaining, actually I'm pretty happy. I'm just curious as to when they made a change.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have a brand new Pro Tactical II and the frame is that grey color. I liked the color difference.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
After further inspection the frame is dark dark dark dark gray, I prefer the lighter gray for more contrast but oh well. If someone has a new full size can you let me know how dark your frame is? My serial number is K226*** so I'd like to compare it with someone elses.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a Tactical II Custom that was shipped brand new from the factory in June 2007.

The frame is only a very little bit lighter in color than the slide.

But I notice that when I take a picture of it with my digital camera with the flash on, the frame appears a much lighter shade of gray in the picture than it does in reality. Maybe this is where the discrepancy lies!

This thing is rock solid with CobraMags, btw. :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah mine is like your the darker grey. It looks good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts