1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all of the Kimber bashing here lately, I thought I'd share a good experience for a change. I took the third in a series of five defensive pistol classes locally last night. It was an excellent class that concentrated on rapid draw, target acquisition, firing under stress, rapid reload and (lots) stoppage reduction drills.

My Kimber TLE II ran like a sewing machine. It is out-of-the-box stock except for new grips. I had no failures of any kind, and at practical ranges would put all rounds through the same hole if I were a better shot.

Each magazine we fired included a dummy round placed at random by our partners. I found that to be excellent training. I used a total of 11 different Chip McCormick mags. (9 shooting star and two power mags), and shot 200 or so rounds of PMC 230 gr. FMJ. Prior to this class, I had 850 rounds through the pistol, including 2 IDPA matches.

I love this pistol (and my Compact CDP, too)!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Greygun, how many rounds have you put through your Kimber at any one time without clean/lube?

Thanks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
At a recent weekend class, I ran close to 1000 rounds through my Kimber TLE without a cleaning and zero issues. Come to think of it, in close to 12,000 rounds, I think there may have been 1 FTE.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GSS said:
Greygun, how many rounds have you put through your Kimber at any one time without clean/lube?

Thanks.
I confess to cleaning/lubing after every range trip. That pistol is just over a thousand rounds, and I've cleaned it after every 200-250. It's probably not necessary, but that is one of the fun parts of shooting to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts