1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was able to run 200 rnds thru my TLE II today. I have to say this gun feels great in my hands. I should have got one a long time ago. Accuracy was very good all the way out to 25 yards offhand. It shot a little to the right by an inch, not sure if it was me though, this is my first 1911. There were 2 failure to fully eject a spent case, each time there was a spent case stuck to the slide (I think it was being held by the extractor. It would feed another round, but the spent case would stop the slide from closing. I'm guessing thats the extractors fault?

Other than that, it was great. Very nice balance, very nice accuracy, fit and finish is as good as anything else I've seen, with no exessive wear.

Now all I need is a few good holsters.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Before you go buying holsters you need to run at least another 300 rounds thru it per Kimber. If you still have failures it needs to go back and get fixed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I also have a TLE ll and absolutely love this gun. Mine has been completely reliable and very accurate. As Rob said, continue to run ammo through your pistol. You may find that by changing ammo brand that your FTE problem may go away.

·
Registered
145 Posts
92FS said:
Well I was able to run 200 rnds thru my TLE II today. I have to say this gun feels great in my hands. I should have got one a long time ago. Accuracy was very good all the way out to 25 yards offhand. It shot a little to the right by an inch, not sure if it was me though, this is my first 1911. There were 2 failure to fully eject a spent case, each time there was a spent case stuck to the slide (I think it was being held by the extractor. It would feed another round, but the spent case would stop the slide from closing. I'm guessing thats the extractors fault?

Other than that, it was great. Very nice balance, very nice accuracy, fit and finish is as good as anything else I've seen, with no exessive wear.

Now all I need is a few good holsters.
92 Be sure you are not "limp wristing" the TLE. If I deduce correctly that you are a 92FS shooter, the recoil from the TLE will be considerably greater. Failure to really "lock down" your strong hand wrist, elbow, etc, and allowing your wrist and arm to absorb the energy can result in a FTE. The frame of the TLE needs to be as solid as possible.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'll look into that also. The thing that I really though was strange is that I had to pull the spent shell off the breechface. I've never had to do that before.

Thanks for all your replys.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, hardcore newbie alert! I'm pretty sure the ejector is in one peice, there is no rattling or other noise when shaken. I can't tell if its bent and I don't know how to tell if its too tight, or too loose.

I do know that the jams happend with the last couple rounds in the mag. (separate mags) and that I had to lock the slide back, and kinda wiggle the shell of the extractor. None of my other guns have done that.

I'm not too worried about it. Its still being broken in. I really love the design.

·
Registered
74 Posts
92F, were you able to fix the FTE problem. I just received mine (TLE)

also and I am having the same problem as you described. Kindly post what you did to fix it.

Thanks,

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I actually haven't done anything yet, I haven't even shot the thing again sense that time. As soon as I get un-busy I'll put alot more rounds thru it. I suspect its a tight extractor. But I really don't know.

Nice gun though! I really like it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts