1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What, if any, is the differance between the Kimber "aluminum match grade trigger" and the "Premium aluminum match grade trigger" ? Other than two slots versus three holes is there a differance?
I was fondling a new Eclipse recently and the trigger felt a bit smoother than my Pro Ten II's so I was wondering what the diff is in the triggers. The Eclipse went in lay away. Too soon to bring another one home just yet!

·
Registered
81 Posts
"Premium"

I've wondered this very same question. I have the Tactical model and Kimber boasts that its "premium" trigger will break between 4 & 5 lbs. But is the "premium" style trigger itself just a cosmetic change from their standard trigger?
My thought is that it's just a cosemtic difference.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The only difference is cosmetic.

I own an Ultra Carry and a Pro Carry with the stock 3-hole triggers. I ordered Premium triggers from the Custom Shop and installed them. There is absolutely no difference in the triggers other than the looks. I do like the 2-hole better than the 3-hole trigger.

CPTB

·
Registered
307 Posts
I changed all of my premium triggers to Chip triggers. We left to one in the wife's Target Match since it was solid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for the input guys. I guess those marketing folks at Kimber are just trying to make a living and help justify higher prices. Maybe I'll shoot the Eclipse better 'cause my subconcious will know that I'm using a "premium" trigger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts