1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I just purchased a CDP Ultra II and wanted to field strip it for a clean and lube job. Unfortunately, my CDP accessories is missing the "takedown" tool that is needed for disassembly. Looking at the "takedown" tool illustration in the manual, it appears it can be made with just a paper clip. However, I just wanted opinions from other Ultra owners if the tool is needed, and if so, would you think a paper clip will work. Otherwise, I'll just have to order one from the factory, but hate to wait.

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
while i do not have an ultra, from what i have read(on this sight) a properly formed paper clip will do just fine.

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
Be sure and use the heavy duty paper clips. The normal thin ones can get stuck under the spring plug.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If or when you purchase a new spring assembly from Kimber it will come with a new one. In the mean time a paper clip works fine. Or you can use a had stiff small diameter wire.
My CDP Ultra is one fine, excellent gun.
Engineer Bill

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gentlemen:

Thank You very much for providing answers to my question. I will use the heavy paper clip alternative until I order new springs from Kimber.

Rustler......I really like the Ultra CDP very much. It is a beautiful pistol and feels great in my hand. I haven't shot it just yet, but will soon enough. Need to get some Wilson mags first so I can avoid the magazine scars as shown in a previous thread.

·
Registered
82 Posts
"Need to get some Wilson mags first so I can avoid the magazine scars as shown in a previous thread."

What thread, what scars??? I've used the standard Kimber mags that came with my full size CDP and I've never had any problems (that I'm aware of)??

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rustler:

I posted the link below. I guess it really depends on how you take the information. I believe the Kimber mags are still made by McCormick, but Wang posted that the Kimber follower has a front piece that appears to prevent the scarring. Anyhow, I am not taking any chances since the factory willnot fix the gun if it happens. I will also buy the follower kit for my kimber mag.

http://www.1911forum.com/forums/sho...18&perpage=25&highlight=magazine&pagenumber=1

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've never seen this problem with my kimber full size (and kimber mags), but if my new compact does this with the mags kimber provides they will fix it....

Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just got 2 new Kimbers: CDP Compact and Ultra. None had a take down tool with it. Does Kimber sell it?

·
Registered
169 Posts
you might of missed it..

like my Pro the take down tool is a little wire about 1 3/4 inch long with a 1/2 inch 90 degree bend.. easy to miss (and lose)... if you do not fin dit just use a paperclip.. the picture is in the owner's manaul...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
My take down tool was under the foam in the box. You might look there.

plunker

1 - 13 of 13 Posts