1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just payed a visit to the Kimber web-site. The specs for this gun say the magazine capacity is 7. Does that mean the Ultra CDP will accept standard 7-round Colt mags?

Thanks,

Warm Bore

------------------
"Molon Labe, and you can have the bullets first!!!"

·
Administrator
74,421 Posts
I believe they are Officer's ACP mags using the Shooting Star follower, giving them a 7-round capacity.

By the way, regarding Officer's ACP mags the Wilson 7-rounders are the best, IMHO. I don't even use the factory Colt magazine that came with mine anymore.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI 1911 pistols website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

·
Registered
322 Posts
So, just to clarify, yes, the Ultra will "accept" an standard 1911 mag, including GI 7-rounders. However, they will stick out the bottom.

Standard Officer's Mags hold 6, but just like you can now get a flush-fitting 8-rounder for full-frame guns, you can also get flush fitting 7-rounders for guns with Officer-sized grips. *These* are the 7-rounders that Kimber is talking about.

I will second the recommendation for Wilson mags. I bought the stainless 7-round Officer's mags from Kimber for my Ultra CDP and was unimpressed. The Wilson mags I replaced them with have been flawless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts