1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got the money together to get one, but FAC is out of stock. Does anyone have a good source for these right now in the $850 and under range? I'd rather not wait the month or more for FAC to get one in unless I have to.

Saleen

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, I just read some posts below....

...and I'm starting to get cold feet. If FAC doesn't have them in stock, they are ordering more. If they are doing that, I am stuck with an external extractor?

I don't think so! I did fine without one of these things for the past couple of years that I've lusted after them, and I'm not going to be content with their new "wonder extractor" (no fitting required).

Nothing like a new "custom" feature that could be fitted by trained monkeys. I'm so upset I could scream.:mad:

Saleen

·
Registered
445 Posts
The Search

Go to the Kimber site and use the list of kimber Master Dealers and start making some phone calls. That is how I would do it.

·
Premium Member
20,290 Posts
Don't make a big deal out of it when you're shopping. I've noticed a price increase in remaining stock internal models. Everything Kimber does makes their older guns more valuable!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Wow looked around on that site and the cheapest I saw was $895.00 plus shipping. Maybe your dealer that you are working with can check around and find one for you.

Good Luck plunker

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I AM a dealer.....

But I am a member of the evil kitchen table crowd that Kimber won't deal with so I have to find dealers that handle them in sufficient quantities to offer something below retail. FAC is the best out there from what I can find, bt Scottsdale Gun Club runs a close second with good shipping rates to boot.

I just got off the phone with Kimber and they said that the switch to external extractors was not complete.....yet. I guess I'll have to just wait for some to come in and hope for the best. Otherwise, I'll get a used one.

Bummer.

Saleen

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As luck would have it I found one that is like new with 4 extra mags for $850 shipped with all paperwork, etc. It is the original style extractor model and cheaper to boot so it looks like my story will have a happy (and cheaper) ending after all.

:biglaugh:

Saleen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts