1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems like a really neat little 1911, however I've never seen one in a gun store and never seen discussion about one online. Does anyone have one to talk about?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Small world, I was about to post something similar. I was just at the G.S. and was asking if they could get them if I wanted one. He grabbed the phone and called Kimber, ordered one, and told me to stop back later, that he'd have one. I hope he isn't over confident that I will buy, cause I don't even know if I want one till I have it in my hand. This place has the best variety of Kimbers in my area, and the best part is, they beat the other shops prices by at least $100.00 on most models, others even more. If I know myself as well as I think I do, I'll probably buy it, if I can justify that much money again for another Ultra.

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am still confused as to whether or not the RCP is currently in production or not? I need to get that settled first...

·
Registered
891 Posts
They are in stock at Kimber and they just ordered one at the local shop. He told me when he asked if they were still in production and if he could order one their answer was "How many do you want". They are still on the website, first one on the list under Custom Shop Family. I was quoted a price way under retail by the dealer, it could be they're (Kimber) trying to get rid of them, or this dealer gets and sells them cheap. For example, they (the dealer) have a Super Match II for a little over $1400.00, it retails for almost $2100.00 on the website. I'm guessing this is a good price, I'll have to check the forum and see.

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are in stock at Kimber and they just ordered one at the local shop. He told me when he asked if they were still in production and if he could order one their answer was "How many do you want". They are still on the website, first one on the list under Custom Shop Family. I was quoted a price way under retail by the dealer, it could be they're (Kimber) trying to get rid of them, or this dealer gets and sells them cheap. For example, they (the dealer) have a Super Match II for a little over $1400.00, it retails for almost $2100.00 on the website. I'm guessing this is a good price, I'll have to check the forum and see.
Let me know what you end up paying for that little puppy. The RCP has to be the least known, least talked-ablut 1911 in the world...it's really a little sleeper gun. I like how it is completely, 100% designed for carry. They did not cut any corners there. Such a specialized little weapon.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Went to the shop yesterday, Kimber sent an Ultra CDP by mistake. The dealer called Kimber and told them, they said thay will be sending the RCP out today, so it should be in tomorrow. I'm going to have to lay it away, but I will take my camera along to snap some pics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How much is way under retail by the dealer?

·
Registered
891 Posts
How much is way under retail by the dealer?
Price is $959.50. $257.50 under retail to be exact. Every place else I've seen one for sale (which is few and far between ) have been in the $1100.00 range plus tax and transfer fee's. I'll have a grand total of 1022.07 OTD after tax and transfer. Thats less than what I paid for my UCII w/laser grips and n/sights and it had a lower MSRP.

As I said in earlier posts, these guys beat everyone else in the area. How about a Custom II for $585.00? An Ultra CDP II for $959.50? An Ultra Covert II for $1098.00? The list goes on and on. Stainless Target II for $759.00...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tattoo,

Thanks for the response. Where are you purchasing the RCP II if you don't mind. I may be interested in purchasing from the same dealer.

thanks,

Sonny

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
As I said in earlier posts, these guys beat everyone else in the area. How about a Custom II for $585.00? An Ultra CDP II for $959.50? An Ultra Covert II for $1098.00? The list goes on and on. Stainless Target II for $759.00...
Those are good prices. I bought My Kimber RCP II in January of 2007 at the Houston Gun Collectors Gun Show and paid $950 for it from a Kimber Master Dealer from Clute, TX.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Correction on the Ultra Covert II, it was $1198.00, still not bad for a $1500.00 MSRP!

·
Registered
891 Posts
I should have mine paid for in about two weeks, waiting for my brother to pay me for the AR he bought from me. I am having trouble waiting, I may have to have him mail me a check, and he can get the rifle when he gets here. I hate waiting. Did I mention, I hate waiting. Waiting sucks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I never noticed until i looked at your pics there are no sights!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Just a trench, line her up and shoot.:) It's a dedicated carry pistol, or Refined Carry Pistol, hence the designation "RCP". Nothing to snag on, no frills, no nonsense pistol. Just BANG.:rock:

·
Registered
178 Posts
You mean you ordered one and didn't even know it had trench sighting?
ya I guess....I saw the stubby, safety, bobtail, mag button, etc etc.... but I never noticed there was no sights! oh well it looks sweet! It would be nice to change up my carry gun from time to time. I got plenty of guns with sights.... sights are totally overated hahaha

·
Registered
891 Posts
Owners and testers of the RCP say the trench sights don't take much to get used to, and it is very accurate once you get accustomed to them, though I don't think I'd trust them making an accurate shot much past 10-15 yards, I guess we'll find out, post some updates on yours after you get it, I'll do the same.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts