1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the color of the Kimber Warrior's night sights?
I heard that they were blue somewhere, but nearly all of the night sights I have seen on other pistols were green? Can anyone help me out?

Also, is tritium inside of these? I know they are an inhouse Kimber product, but what are the glass vials in the sights filled with?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought a new Warrior. The sights are 3-dot green. I believe they are Meprolights. Among the papers that came in the gun case was a Kimber/Meprolight catalog, and also a small sheet marked Meprolight "Installation Information & Instructions" for the TRU-DOT sights. So I assume that's what these are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They are indeed Meprolights. They are green and yes they have tritium in them.

Rusty

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine are 3-dot green but they are Novak sights contracted to to kimber read your sights guys, they say Novak where the lock down screw is...

·
Registered
60 Posts
from what i understand only the initial run of pistols had actual Novak sights. the rest are using a kimber produced Novak.

·
Registered
687 Posts
My Warrior has a Mepro/Kimber front sight, which I prefer, bigger white dot for my tri-focal blind ass.

And I have the genuine Novak rear sight.

All three are green. My rear sight has the trijicons, took out the white rings.

Works perfect now.

Have about 2800 rounds through my Warrior. Shot mainly in competition.

Love it.

May replace me 5" Custom CDP II for carry.

Fred

·
Registered
128 Posts
Burke888 said:
What is the color of the Kimber Warrior's night sights?
I heard that they were blue somewhere, but nearly all of the night sights I have seen on other pistols were green? Can anyone help me out?

Also, is tritium inside of these? I know they are an inhouse Kimber product, but what are the glass vials in the sights filled with?

Thanks everyone!
To give you an idea what the sights look like at night click on the link and look at the attachment in my post, I believe it was the sixth post.

That's my STS Pro TLE RL II, as far as I know it's filled with Tritium.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?p=992984#post992984

1 - 7 of 7 Posts