1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title implies, if you could choose one of the two which one would it be and why?

Reason why I'm asking is because I'm coming into the market sooner than I thought and have no experience with either. I'm looking for a home-defense gun with a rail to attach a light to.

Thanks in advance for your input!

·
Registered
17 Posts
As for me, I choose the Warrior because it is unencumbered by the superfluous and potentially troublesome Swartz firing pin block parts found in the TLE/RL II and other "Series II" Kimbers.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Warrior hands down.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
The TLE/RL-II doesn't have as much testosterone but it also saves you $200. I think you'll find both to be quite adequate ('sides which, $200 for ammo gets you started on break-in). :biglaugh:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Kimber Warrior

I recently aquired one. It does not jam when using lead 230 grain round nose.

I am very pleased with the gun. It is nicely put together and I like the
GI system rather than the full length guide rod. I like the feel of the
gun and my accuracy is improving.

TLE is good. What we are comparing here is good versus very good.

Jim Davis

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input, I did not know about the Warrior not having the Swartz firing pin block.

I'm sure either will shoot well. What is your experience with POI lining up to your sights straight from the factory?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I went through the same thing as you when I was looking for a railed kimber.
I really wanted stainless, so I ended up with the TLE. I love it and have no complaints and it shoots tighter than my TRP. *I have over a 1,000 rounds through it with no FTF's.
*I polished the ramp when I first got it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
One of the things I've noticed on the Warrior is the "lanyard loop" near the magwell...can that be removed?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've never had an issue with any of my Swartz safety equiped guns, well problems that were related to the safety.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have seen one Warrior II on this site or M4Carbine.net . I rather have a 70 sries/ non series II they are a lot easier to takedown and not having the series II hanging up.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I have seen one Warrior II on this site or M4Carbine.net . I rather have a 70 sries/ non series II they are a lot easier to takedown and not having the series II hanging up.
Warrior II? I thought all Warriors were sans swartz ie series I?

·
Registered
175 Posts
There are few Warrior II out there. When you buy a Warrior you have to double check to make sure it is a Reg. Series 1, Warrior and doesn't have the Warrior II marked on the side of the Slide and also marked on the Box.

·
Registered
175 Posts
WARRIOR II on AR15.com

I found the Warrior II on AR15.com ,Kimber Warrior photo thread, on Page 16 the guy who posted the Photo user name is WARRIOR II,CA. The photo is close to the bottom of page. The date is 6/11/07, time 1:48:11 PM EST.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts