1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a Kimber Compact Stainless II (w/ four inch barrel). If I decide to go this route, it will be my first 1911. So what should I expect from this piece? Give me the good the bad, and that whatever other wisdom you have re: Kimber series II compacts.

Thanks.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Is this for carry or ??

If it's for USPSA - or you might get into that later, got with a full size.

I have a 4" and a 5" - if you want to modify it, or soup it up a little, the 5" has all the choices

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want it to be able to carry it if I so choose.

Uses: Recreational shooting, MAYBE casual competition - IDPA? Perhaps. I have no intention of doing any mods or suping it up. I'm sort of a purist in that regard. Regardless of intended use, it must be reliable enough to defend my life otherwise I don't consider it capable of fulfilling the job for which it was designed and therefore not worth my investment.

How does the 4 inch perform?

·
Premium Member
20,305 Posts
I love the Kimber 4" bull barrel. It shoots more accurately than I can! ;) The Compact is a great combination of frame/bbl.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Very dependable, no FTF with 3000+ rounds (skipping the first 100)... like AZ said, more accurate then I am - 1-2" at 15 yards for me

·
Registered
151 Posts
My Compact Stainless II is fantastic. Shoots great and is very accurate. My only complaint(sort of) is every now and again it likes to launch a case back at my head.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have the compact with the alloy frame. I was worried it might not shoot as well as the steel frame compact I shot before I made the purchase.

Mine shoots very accurate with surprising low recoil for the size of gun. No problems at all. This gun shots better for me than all of the other brands and cal.

plunker

·
Registered
169 Posts
Darn you Tracy!!!!

AZ Husker I love the Kimber 4" bull barrel. It shoots more accurately than I can! The Compact is a great combination of frame/bbl.
You are costing me WAY too much $$ <g> I ordered the Kimer Compact to add to the Eclipse I already have.....

ALL STEEL ALL the TIME !!

·
Registered
47 Posts
my first 1911 is my Pro Carry II that i purchased a little while ago. i have found it to be very accurate and reliable. i have had no failures with it. it shoots like a dream and is one of my favorite guns. i have already purchased a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 holster for it. once i get my CCW that is what i'll be "packing". hope that helps you in some way.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Compact Stainless II

Another vote for the Compact Stainless II, I’ve just passed 1100rounds on mine, after a few teething problems in the first 300 rounds normal wear in. ITS been 100% since and zero series II related errors. The short grip makes it super easy to conceal (shorts tee-shirt & good belt) and the weight helps the recoil. But if I were buying solely for recreational shooting I’d personally go with a full size.
Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts