1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why not? .40 is a great caliber, bit more capacity, and an excuse to buy another 1911. TRP is a quality weapon.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd really like one. I figure I'll send an email to Alchemy as I am in LOVE with their work. I thought I wanted Wilson Combat but for me, Alchemy just hits the emotions....

If I could get an Alchemy Elite in 40 cal for under 4k I'd find a way to pay the piper.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't think you are crazy. I have an STI Trojan 9mm and a Kimber Series 1 45. I would choose either over a 40, but that's just me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Picked up a 40 S&W SA EMP. Awesome pistol. Tried finding a EMP4 but no luck. 10mm is the next step up. Being a reloader, can share bullets between the two calibers. Suggest you consider 10mm if your wanting a 5 inch barrel.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Am I crazy? I'd really like a TRP type 40 cal on the 1911...comander or full size.

I'm not in love with a specific caliber. I load for nearly 20 cals. Same time I don't really like the 9mm in 1911. No reason, just don't.
Hello if you have a commander in 40 S&W it’s just a barrel and magazine change to a 357 Sig. You will like the performance of that cal.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Most of my guns are in .40, none in the 1911 platform though.

·
Premium Member
5,286 Posts
Am I crazy? I'd really like a TRP type 40 cal on the 1911...comander or full size.

I'm not in love with a specific caliber. I load for nearly 20 cals. Same time I don't really like the 9mm in 1911. No reason, just don't.
The m1911 makes a great platform for .45ACP and for anything from .22LR to high-speed, low-drag such as 10mm. Not crazy to want a 1911 in .40S&W.

Reactions: bmcgilvray

·
Registered
150 Posts
Same magazine, barrel needs to be fit, not just a drop in like a Glock.
If you use a Wilson Combat you will need to adjust the spacer upward a tat and a half. So I use one just for the 357 Sig. as for the barrel one would always fit it for maximum performance. And who would want a plastic pistol? Surely not a 1911 guy. 1911’s Forever

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I really like 1911/2011's in 40S&W. Do it!

Huge variation in bullet weights and powders that can be utilized. You can also load longer than 9mm for better feed in a platform designed around 45 ball OAL. Don't dislike 9mm 1911's at all, just prefer 40.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts