1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a set of replacement sights. I have seen a couple of pictures of guns with (I think) Kings-Tappan sights, I like the profile of the sights. Went to Kings web page and found out they have a dot on the front and bar on the rear.
Anyone out there know of a sight set that is the same profile but just plain black.

Thank you,
Ross

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
They come with dots?? Yuck. I thought they were only black-on-black. I've got a set on my Delta Elite and like them A LOT.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have the rear on two seperate guns, and like you, I dislike the white line on them. What I did was blasted the finish and paint off, beveled the edges, then cold blue them. Here's a pic of one.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Check out ED Brown Modified Ramp front sight. P.N. 1601 for the narrow tenon. One thing on Bodeen's I think the dots are facing the front Blade? Backwards? The 102 hardball sights are black and the front blade is non ramped at either end.

·
Registered
576 Posts
One thing on Bodeen's I think the dots are facing the front Blade? Backwards?
You're kidding... right?

On the Tappan sight the ramp that runs up to the rear sight notch (see picture) is painted white. This is NOT the hardball sight. I assure you it is not backwards. Here is a pic of a hardball rear sight.

·
Super Moderator
13,640 Posts
My King's rear sight is black.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sorry Bodeen. It looks like they use the same cut in reverse on their102,103,104,105,rear sights in their catolog. It also looks like the King-Tappen sights are shorter in the cat. Did you use the front blade if so what is the height?.200? Or shorter? Thanks.

·
Registered
576 Posts
No problem Trig.

I used an MGW front sight, ramped with serrations. The heighth was .200", I shortened it to .175".

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bodeen,
Thanks for all the info. I like your solution of the K/T modified rear and MGW front. I think I will give it a shot and see what happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts