1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I am waiting for my TSS and IWB from Krikpatrick. Lets see some holsters from them. I would also like to hear how long you have had them and the quality/durability. Thanks in advance,

Tom B.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Kirkpatrick

I have the Texas strong side for my Springfield Loaded 1911 and a double mag holder and belt. I've used in in an IDPA match. It retains the pistol very well. I haven't had it very long and really haven't had the opportunity to see a lot of different makes of holsters close up. I don't think you can do much better than Kirkpatrick for the money. There are plenty of good leather makers out there, but I think you'll find it's a good value. I'm looking at IWB holsters right now.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
I have had one for quite some time now for my Sig P239. It is excellent with no problems. I would buy from them again.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have bought 3 of the TSS holsters for my 1911's and belts and double mag holders. I have had them for about 2 years now, and I really like them. Very good value for the money.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just received the Commander Carry for my BHP. The quality is good, it fits the gun and me well. It's not as well made as my Alessi, but it's better than any factory made holster. However, the snaps are not "pull the dot" so they unsnap quite easily. Overall, not a huge issue I guess and my only complaint. Good quality for a good price. Also, they ship relatively quickly.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I use their Compact Under Cover OWB for my Firestar .40. Very nice fit, holds tight to the body, good detail and finish, quality leather. I like it and will purchase from them again.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a TSS for my Kimber Ultra CDP II and a Mini Clip for my Kel-tec P3AT. They are both very well made and had a decent turn around time.
I usually carry IWB with a Sparks VM II so I'm getting used to how the Kimber rides in the TSS. When carrying he Kimber in the TSS it seems to be a little "top heavy" and doesn't hold as tight to the body as I'd like. This is probably a function of the style of holster and me not used to OWB carry.
That being said I think I'm going to try one of their Compact Undercover pancake holsters (when funds allow), I think that design of holster will hold tighter to the body.
The mini clip is beautifully made and is super handy for the P3AT (sometimes pocket carry doesn't work for me).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts