1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
The real "root" cause of all crime is criminals........period.

·
Premium Member
9,008 Posts
Cop in Miami Beach got seriously stabbed this weekend. Still is in critical condition at the hospital. Perpetrator looks to be a homeless man who knifed the cop and was killed in a volley of gunfire... 20 shots or more. They first tried a taser, when that didn't stop him, the gun fire did.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/...police-after-stabbing-officer-on-south-beach/

Video Below: Volley of shots heard around 20 sec.

https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/eye-...ife-after-he-stabs-cop-glbi-8ZK5U-d55ibhgaBzQ

·
Registered
346 Posts
I love all these gun control weenies that think evil people (other than us gun owners) don’t exist...and that they won’t find some way to do harm...

Some people are just evil, bad, lawless aholes...

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
If a determined man with a knife is within 20 or less feet of someone He can get to them and stab them before they can draw a weapon and shoot, that is a fact taught in some training.

·
Premium Member
9,008 Posts
A determined nutcase with a knife could do more damage in a crowded place than someone with a firearm if you think about it. A knife is silent, and someone could knife a dozen people before the crowd at large realizes what is going on. A firearm on the other hand will be heard and in this day and age, loud pops in a mall or crowed place will send people scattering and hiding.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Officers spread out to search and received reports that the suspect had stabbed several more people about a mile and a half away from the earlier stabbing, police said.

There, police found the suspect, who was being detained by some of his victims, police said. He was then taken into custody.
Again, not ragging on LE, but just a simple fact of life. It was the victims fighting back and taking responsibility for their own survival that stopped the guy.

·
Registered
106 Posts
A gun is merely a tool! How it's used is up to the person using it! A hammer, baseball bat, fork, even a vehicle can be a murder weapon in the wrong hands!

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
How come the media hasn't called this a "Mass Stabbing?"

If he used a gun it would be a "Mass shooting?"

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
If a determined man with a knife is within 20 or less feet of someone He can get to them and stab them before they can draw a weapon and shoot, that is a fact taught in some training.
I believe that you misunderstood what they were teaching or they taught it wrong in training.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
How come the media hasn't called this a "Mass Stabbing?"

If he used a gun it would be a "Mass shooting?"
Agreed .... also how come they don't refer to him as an knifer .... it sounds scary.

We should have active knifer training available to everyone.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I believe that you misunderstood what they were teaching or they taught it wrong in training.
I believe that you should go to YouTube and search 21 foot rule and watch the videos.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I believe that you should go to YouTube and search 21 foot rule and watch the videos.
Thank you but I really don't need to, I understand it fine, it is not as stated in the post.
I can draw my firearm and get reasonable accurate rounds off in under 1.5 seconds.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank you but I really don't need to, I understand it fine, it is not as stated in the post.
I can draw my firearm and get reasonable accurate rounds off in under 1.5 seconds.
Is that a duty holster? Concealed? It's easy to shoot 100% at paper...paper isn't shooting back! 1.5 seconds is fast. Like cowboy fast shooting sports fast. Not saying you can't but the average person can't. And within 20 ft I can throw a knife pretty hard and accurate. Some departments have the 21 ft rule and training some don't!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts