1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked all over the internet, and I can't seem to find a distributor of Ed Brown guns! Les Baer has Davidson's, Pro Load and Gallery of Guns, Wilson has Shooter's Plus, but I can't find ONE for Ed Brown! Any help or hints would be appreciated greatly.
KB

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
Why not go directly to the source? I've found them very friendly and helpful! Don't worry about handling them first, you won't be sorry!

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
I'm not sure these are distributed by anyone. Get one direct from the factory or have your dealer order one for you.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Don't know if Ed Brown has any "distributers" (or if they even need one), but Cabela's is most likely their largest dealer.

·
Banned
2,125 Posts
Keep your eyes open....

Greetings,
When I finally took the plunge for a Ed Brown,I started looking at used models on the 'net and found a two tone KOBRA CARRY that was in mint shape with 6 extra mags and all the original paper work for less than $1600.00.
And that included shipping.I couldn't pass up that kind of deal.The whole deal with internet buying is make sure the FFL has a good reputation.And the good thing about buying a used model is somene else takes the hit for the depreciation that occurs with ANY gun that is sold used.Guns are NOT the best investment instrument(take this from someone who BTDT :dope: ).Whichever way you go,ANY Ed Brown product is a great piece of weaponry that will make you a believer in the motto"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!"
Regards,
DAT85

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot guys. That's sort of a bummer, I wish I could find someone to sell me a Brown at dealer's price. There don't seem to be any dealers within 100 miles of me here in Cleveland, Ohio (at least according to the Brown website), so I guess I'll just have to go straight to Brown to order it. On the bright side, I'll get to get exactly what I want, but on the down side I'll have to pay more and wait longer. The price you pay for a great 1911, I guess....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Try Keith Brown.

Kimber,

Try Keith Brown at this website: http://www.kwbsales.com
I think you can do custom orders through him as well.

I believe he gives discounts to forum members but I am not sure which forum(s) that may be.

I have spoken to him on the phone and seems like a stand up guy. Many folks at the M1911.org forums have good things to say about him.

Gladdly

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
Sorry to say Keith's out of business. He moved to location that would not grant an FFL. He's done me great in three transactions, and I'm sorry to see him out of action!

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
I'll miss him...his prices were so low I thought they must be stolen! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dang, sorry to hear that! That's just what I was looking for, too! Keith, if you ever reopen, please PM me, I'll be your first customer!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Alan yoast will help you out, He is the man I got my Kobra Carry from, do a search for him here, im sure he will help you out!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Allan's email address is [email protected] -- I have bought a number of new Baer's and a new Brown KC (plus a few others handguns) through him. He is a great guy to do business with.... A man of his word and will generally sell a little below retail.

Cheers,
Don

Willis68 said:
Alan yoast will help you out, He is the man I got my Kobra Carry from, do a search for him here, im sure he will help you out!

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Kimber4 --

$20 FFL transfer fees are easy to find in Cleveland, I know of one on both sides of town, both are great places to do business.

I'd not hesitate to buy a used Ed Brown and have seen them in the $1600 -range fairly recently on places as diverse as ar15-dot-com and the sigforum. My KC was new when I bought it, but after the first weekend it was used. ;)

-- Chuck

1 - 20 of 24 Posts