1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
It can be had in either stainless steel as well as carbon.....

SS may be left in the 'white' or may be coated in any of the colors of Gen 4 offered by Brown, including two tone.

In carbon steel it my be either blued in a traditional rust bluing process or may also be be coated in the various Gen 4 colors.

You can also get a ss frame with a blued carbon steel slide.....non of these effect price.

(one note, if you get a two tone Gen 4 combo there is a upcharge, of $100, this is not really for the two tone color, but rather they use the VZ carbon fiber grip panels on these ).

·
Registered
923 Posts
Bluing question KC

I've got a two-tone (blue slide/stainless frame) Kobra Carry.

Is it possible to re blue this pistol to a high polish finish? I was thinking about Turnbull. I've seen their work and I've love my Brown to have such a finish.

Appreciate any suggestions/guidance.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Yes, it is certainly possible to re-blue the slide with a high polish finish. Brown offers such a high polish finish, too. We don't see it a lot here but I'm sure there have been some photos taken. Turnbull's finish is obviously top notch.

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
SS is generally not able to be blued by traditional methods...however I seem to recall someone mentioning there was a process to do it now, but traditionally the answer is no.

·
Registered
120 Posts
While we're on the topic of finishes...

What is the "default" material for Gen 3/4 Browns? I bought a stealth gray Special Forces in 2012 (through Jerry), so I'm assuming it is Gen 3. I never specified either way, but I am curious if my gun is stainless or carbon. I ask because I am considering having it blued to a high polish in the future. Thanks in advance!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts