1911Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
ozarkmac,

Most likely, parts will be very hard to find. Not aware of any "loose" M/1914 parts or vendors with any (at least for the last 30 years).

Only heard one story,---an old collector that had a M/1914 with a Colt slide stop. He looked for over 15 years for a M/1914 style SS, and he eventually found one in a used parts bin at a gun show,---it was numbered to his pistol!

Best Regards,
True or not, it sounds kewl!

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
Norwegians ROCK! You also have some of the most beautiful women on the planet. Seeing Norway is on my bucket list.......

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
To OP. Thank you for a very good Historial on the Norvegian "1911".

Can't find that darned "thumbsup" icon". :scratch::grumble::grumble:
What do you mean "it isnt" there"? It's kind of a "must have " thing. (hint to the mods :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'll Share:

Here is my 1919 Kongsberg. All matching except frustratingly the thumb safety. It is in well used condition and shows signs of extended carry in it's 98 years.

Although not matching, the thumb safety matches in wear pattern

small piece of grip missing

Interestingly the slide is re-stamped at some stage with 1(inverted)7548 - Any Ideas as to who or why this may have occurred? I wonder if this was brought back to the factory and this is an updated serial number perhaps?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kronsberg 1914

Hello,
I have just picked up my Kronsberg in the last couple of months. Id like to find out as much as I possible can about it. Any and all info would be much appreciated. Its serial #31176 dated 1945. All parts match. Finish was totally gone so I made the decision to have it restored as Blue book of guns said most had and it was in terrible shape. I would like to post pics if I can get that function to work. Thanks

·
Registered
411 Posts
GONRA's is 1945 with Nazi stamp. Looked Brand New Unfired to me. ???
Purchased directly from importer INTERARMCO waaaay back....
$50 + Railway Express $$$. Shoots great!

(Verk buddy and I each got one. His serial nr. is right next to mine - maybe 1 or 2 off.)

Ahhh the Good Olde Days....

·
Registered
542 Posts
saw one of these today at a local show. the date on it was 1942, and the condition was excellent. Without taking it apart, the only thing that appeared incorrect, was that it didn't have the original slide stop. The one on it was not numbered. However, it did have the correct magazine. The price on the tag was $2750. I tried to work out a trade deal, but couldn't make it happen. The seller wasn't local, but I picked up his card just in case.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I surmise they painted the grip panels black because the wood had such a light tone. I finally managed to get one a few months back through a trade deal. I had a bit less than $1500 in what I traded, but realistically the value of the guns I swapped was closer to $2300. I am very happy with the deal as I got a pretty nice early gun.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Kongsberg Colt m1914 with shoulder stock

Hi,

Have anyone ever seen or does anyone have any infos about Kongsberg Colt having a shoulder stock ? I have tried to find any information about it, but no luck !
I have a chance to buy one, but cannot decide whether this is real or aftermarket modification ? Shoulder stock has the same serial as the gun.

Opinions ?

Attachments

·
Registered
961 Posts
That shoulder stock has nothing to do with Kongsberg pistols. Those were sold at gun shows and through Shotgun News with a grooved MSH and a 16" barrel in the 70s and 80s.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That shoulder stock has nothing to do with Kongsberg pistols. Those were sold at gun shows and through Shotgun News with a grooved MSH and a 16" barrel in the 70s and 80s.
Thank you kwill !
This is something I had in my mind too... Had to ask though since I was not 100% sure. This serial in the stock puzzled me since it is exactly on same font and size as the serial in the gun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 1924 model, in about 90% condition. All numbers matching, but no magazine. I got it from our company armorer when I was in Germany in the late 60's. We ran about a dozen rounds through it, but we both liked his SAA better.
Can anyone give me a reasonable value on this gun? Any recommendations where to sell it, if I decide to let it go? I'd rather not use GB, if I can help it.
Thanks in advance.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts