1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been wanting it for awhile, received today!
Korth Ranger 357 mag four inch barrel.
To make Wife happy bought her Ruby necklace!
Told kids spending their inheritance.
Don't know how To post pictures will try again later, sorry!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I saw my first Korth just a couple of months ago. I had never even heard of them and then, all of a sudden, my LGS had 2. He offered to let me fondle them but the price tag told me "No". They are very beautiful guns, congratulations!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw my first Korth just a couple of months ago. I had never even heard of them and then, all of a sudden, my LGS had 2. He offered to let me fondle them but the price tag told me "No". They are very beautiful guns, congratulations!
Thanks one thing that impressed me hand built start to finish by single gunsmith. Every single fully machined part is oversized and has been hand-fit by one gunsmith. The tag on mine says gunsmith initial MK signed M. KORTH ll.
Just noticed that M. KORTH ll

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congrats on your new revolver. I also have not had the opportunity to visit with a Korth. Although,
I am familiar with their legendary reputation.

Earlier this year, I satisfied my appetite for a nice revolver with a Manurhin MR73. You and I should be thankful since we are blessed.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on your new revolver. I also have not had the opportunity to visit with a Korth. Although,
I am familiar with their legendary reputation.

Earlier this year, I satisfied my appetite for a nice revolver with a Manurhin MR73. You and I should be thankful since we are blessed.
I was looking at the MR 73 but my dealer said it would be very hard for him to get.
Yes we are blessed, 20 years ago no way to have this firearm!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You and he should also meet up at a range somewhere and settle the "Korth vs. Manhurin" contest.
I like the color MR 73 darker .
Wouldn't be fair my hands and eyes not what they were.
A shame have to get this old to purchase a fine firearm like one or the other!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Have been wanting it for awhile, received today!
Korth Ranger 357 mag four inch barrel.
To make Wife happy bought her Ruby necklace!
Told kids spending their inheritance.
Don't know how To post pictures will try again later, sorry!
Good for you! The accuracy will astound you! Don’t worry about your kids. Let them make their own way! Way too many spoiled inheritance kids as it is in this country. My friend has two of them and they are amazing pieces of art. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good for you! The accuracy will astound you! Don’t worry about your kids. Let them make their own way! Way too many spoiled inheritance kids as it is in this country. My friend has two of them and they are amazing pieces of art. Enjoy.
Really have great kids and grandkids.
Oldest son officer of the court
Middle son commercial fisherman has his boat
Daughter x Deputy Sheriff, now hair dresser her husband is a North Carolina Trooper
All work hard and have great lives

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As for the accuracy test target just a hair off center.
I always clean inspect before shooting. The weather here rain and more rain 4 inches today.
Has rained every day but three in about 75 days. Will be happy to go to range!

·
Registered
24,914 Posts
So you guys that have these high dollar wheel guns. I have to ask if you think that they are worth what you pay for them? Or is this just not really a consideration? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So you guys that have these high dollar wheel guns. I have to ask if you think that they are worth what you pay for them? Or is this just not really a consideration? Just curious.
This is some thing that I wanted. I am going backwards in other people's thoughts.
Have a Kimber ss target ll 10 mm one day it didn't chamber, yes one time ,8 rounds.
I like the wheel guns, yes it's only 5 or 6 shots.
I also have other firearms one being 15 shot 9mm Smith and Wesson 5906 .
At this point in my life have more cash than before, need to know payed 4,889.00 dollars.
Yes could have a high dollar 1911 but not what I wanted at this point in my life.
Have a Cooper custom classic bolt rifle. AAAA walnut ,great trigger, fluted barrel, checkered bolt knob, grade 1 engraved, other. Payed 4,800 for rifle and 3,000 for the scope plus about 600 for rings ,very nice bag, and carrying case.
The Cooper shots less then 1/2 inch 5 shot at 100 yards with me !
The Korth Ranger test target 10 yards dead center, am I going to get that I would say no!
Another thing I'm going to leave some great firearms to my kids. They can't afford to get this at this time in their life!
Maybe they won't be able to buy anything latter political!
Think buying great quality will last a long time!
Last thing very bad back, wheel gun not looking for brass it's in my hand!
Hopefully this answers your question, yet I do understand your question.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I understand Champuis Armes only produces 400 Manurhin MR73 per year. I believe it will continue to appreciate in value; although I did not acquire as an investment. As already stated, inflation is taking everything to new heights to include food, housing and autos. I broke a tooth on Wednesday that is going to cost me half the price of the revolver. If you can afford it without sacrificing your needs in life, then yes it is worth it. If not, then there are many other needs that should be satisfied first.

It sounds like pawpawlong and I have worked for a lot of years to deserve it and without an explanation to ourselves.

·
Registered
24,914 Posts
OK I am thinking that I am reading both of you guys pretty well. And this is not inconsistent with what I expected .
Awesome guys! and good that you got them. I am sure that they are quite a pleasure to shoot.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am curious as to how well the shoot. I too am older and have more money than I have time. I am downsizing a large collection and selling them off just ends up with cash for which I have few heirs. I was thinking to add a few quality handguns to enjoy. I am a SW collector and have many as well as Colt, Ruger and others.

I am less interested in looks or engraving or any of that. I am interested in true precision. By that I mean accuracy which is the only real measure in a wheel gun. I have a pile of guns, both 1911 and 6 shooters both double and single action that will shoot 2 inch groups. I have been noticing the last couple years that almost none of the $3-$5K 1911s will do better than that. So, if I can buy a Rock Island for $600 that shoots better than a $3-$5K gun, that just seems foolish because I am buying all polish. To me that is like buying a Corvette with a V 6 in it. So, unless they come with the 1 inch guarantee they are off the table.

So, gentlemen I would like to know what 6 shots groups you are getting from a rest. We usually fire 6 five shot groups and throw one out then take the average which gives us a good read. Please advise when you have done some serious accuracy testing. I am leaning away from the Korth as it looks too mall ninja for me.

Anyway, I for one would appreciate a precise report. Thanks and enjoy.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts