1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a 'lefty' leaves me few options when looking for a holster for IDPA competition.

I am most comfortable with a cross draw which limits my choices even more. However, I stumbled across Kramer Holsters. They make both. I realize that leather is not the 'ideal' choice for competition, but i am not going to be choosy at this point. I have an Uncle Mike's ambi-holster and I don't much care for it.

Is anyone using Kramer Holsters? Any comments on quality of construction, customer service?

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
For what it's worth, crossdraws are not approved for IDPA competition. They are concerned about muzzle-control while presenting and reholstering the pistol.

Kramer's work is well respected. He probably did more than anyone else to push the notion of horsehide holsters on the shooting community.

If you choose one of Kramer's straight-drop vertical scabbards or the equivalent #55BN or NLG from Sparks, or an Alessi DOJ, you can use the holster in strongside mode for IDPA competition and cross-draw for those times when you aren't under IDPA rules. All of these makers offer left-handed holsters.

Doing so, of course, begs the question of whether it is unhealthy to move one's holster position around, but that is beyond the scope of the question and probably deserves a whole topic being opened.

Rosco

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,305 Posts
I've been using a Kramer IWB #3 for a few weeks, and like it very much. The first few times I wore it, it seemed to press on a particular nerve, and led to a weird, numb b**t sensation, but after a few days of wear, it seems to have conformed to me, and is now very comfortable. IWB is not especially fast, but it is certainly more practical than a scabbard-type holster worn as far forward as the rules allow.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I have/had several (iwb2's, 3's, vertical scabbard) Kramer holsters. They are very well made. Fit is excellent and comfortable to carry. I'm surprised they are not mentioned much more often. Great folks to deal with, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts