1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have any experience/advice re: the Braveheart vs Shirt tucker for a 1911 commander. I'm interested in comfort, quality and availability/cutomer svc.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Don't know anything about the Braveheart, but do have a Shirt Tucker for a Kahr K9 and like it a lot. Gregg at Comp-tac was great to deal with. When I originally called him to ask some questions about the holster I also asked for a different cant than he normally makes. The more we talked, the less sure I was of exactly what I wanted. Finally he said he would send me the ST with the modification I requested. Told me to try it for 2 or 3 weeks, and if it worked, send him a check. If I didn't like it, just send it back and he would work with me to get what I wanted.

Wow! Add to the mix that I'm a lefty, so a returned special order holster would be somewhat of a rarity to re-sell, and you can really appreciate his wonderful customer service. Again, can't comment about the Braveheart, but based on my experience, Gregg at Comp-tac is a great person to do business with, and I would buy from him again.

P.S. The holster works like a charm and is very comfortable for me.
------------------
Regards,
AZFred

[This message has been edited by Fred (edited 11-13-2001).]

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hey rifle:
I don't have a Shirt Tucker, but I do have a Braveheart and a couple of Comp-Tac Gurkha's. It seems like the Braveheart could be more closely compared to the Gurkha than the Shirt Tucker due to the similarity in design.

IMO, both are good holsters, but I feel that the Comp-Tac line has a better overall manufacturing process. I also think that the Ky-Tac holsters use a little bit lighter material in the belt clips, lending themselves to possibly shorter life spans when you think about how many times they are put on and taken off. I'm not really dissing Ky-Tac, merely making an observation and giving an opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts