1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes some good Kydex holsters for Les Baer 1911s? I have read that due to the front of the trigger guard and the Baer's frames being just a little larger than other 1911 makers, some Kydex holster do not work as well. :scratch:

Thanks.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've never had a problem with any that I've used (JM Custom Kydex, Dale Fricke) as far as full kydex. I also never had trouble with hybrids like Crossbreed or Harwell Holsters either. But I chewed up some leather with FCS and had to do the bag trick to stretch a few holsters. But no big deal, they fit perfect after a few days.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Plastic for plastic, leather for steel.........

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Giholsters.com Check out the Silent Thunder Classic for a good start.

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plastic for plastic, leather for steel.........
Leather is terrible for prolonged periods of time outdoors in humid and wet environments.

Why I have even gone to Kydex sheaths for my Randall knives as well, the leather just does not hold up over time.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Check Raven Concealment. Hands down the best holsters I've ever owned. I absolutely love leather holsters and I've become a convert to kydex as it's faster out of the draw and more secure than leather.

Raven will make a holster for you based on the slightly larger dimensions of our Baers - but you have to tell them the holster is for a Les Baer when you order it. When you get it, the holster will fit your weapon like a glove.

Customer support is pretty terrific, also. I had one develop a small crack and when I asked if I could just stop-drill the crack they insisted on making another new holster for me, even though I'd used the original for thousands of draws and indeed it was still working.

GREAT holsters!

HTH

Mike

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Good advice Mike! Thanks for the info Raven doing for Baer. I have a OWB Raven that came with a HK p7m8 I bought, it is a pretty good holster. So sounds like Raven maybe the way to go.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Take a look at BladeTech. I called them and they made a holster that fits LB 1911's and is approved for USPSA competition.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Check Raven Concealment. Hands down the best holsters I've ever owned. I absolutely love leather holsters and I've become a convert to kydex as it's faster out of the draw and more secure than leather.

Raven will make a holster for you based on the slightly larger dimensions of our Baers - but you have to tell them the holster is for a Les Baer when you order it. When you get it, the holster will fit your weapon like a glove.

Customer support is pretty terrific, also. I had one develop a small crack and when I asked if I could just stop-drill the crack they insisted on making another new holster for me, even though I'd used the original for thousands of draws and indeed it was still working.

GREAT holsters!

HTH

Mike
Another vote for Raven...I have been using Ravens for a loong time
Great holsters & CS is unsurpassed.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Comp-Tac fits Mr. Baer fine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have been using G-Code holsters for a few years and they are good stuff. With an incog I carry a full size 1911 in business casual often.

I do agree with you about the leather thing, just not up to the task of prolonged every day use.

·
Registered
630 Posts
another vote for Raven Concealment. I don't carry blued guns in Kydex, but I do carry my painted finish guns in it, and my RCS Phantom is a GREAT holster, one of my favorite OWB.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I've been using my first Raven for the past month or so on a polymer that I sometimes carry. It is a superior holster than any kydex I've owned before.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Hmm. I have a raven I ordered years ago and put Les Baer in as the Model. I always thought that only mattered to make sure someone wasnt ordering a standard 1911 holster for a Baer Monilith. Are you saying my Raven wont fit a Colt or Springfield the same as my Baer? Funny how in two years I never tried the others in my Raven

1 - 17 of 17 Posts