1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow ... the young man comes across just as my best expectations of him.

The teaser touches directly on 2A. The interview is working its way toward that.

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Young Mr. Rittenhouse has a quiet and clear understanding of the intention of the persecution against him having a side-effect of destroying application of the right to self-defense.

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That young man came across as a very bright, articulate, young man, WAY more mature than I was at his age, and possibly even now. I applaud his character and demeanor.
As Tucker Carlson characterized "... tying a bow on it ..."; Jeanine Pirro expressed an opinion much like yours and mine. Jeanine Pirro points out how much the Rittenhouse trial was tied to the Right to Self-Defense - the basis for the RKBA and 2A.

Reactions: Ranger4

·
Registered
180 Posts
There was some talking head on the radio tonight that was saying that the right to self defense was incompatible with the right to bear arms. I am still trying to wrap my head around that rational.
Oh that’s their new idea: if you are armed then you must have been looking for trouble and are therefore the aggressor. The prosecutor tried that tact in the Rittenhouse trial but it didn’t strike much of a chord.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Well, I was surprised to learn of his opinion of his first pair of lawyers. That didn't come out in the trial.

Reactions: Retired AF CE

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
While the young man was not guilty of the charges against him, I don't see him doing it for 2A rights at the time. He will become a puppet and dance to the tune he's given. I see a young, inexperienced individual that didn't think his actions through before going up to Wisconsin. He did put himself in a position where he had to defend himself, and his actions after he was endangered were justified. Is this a rally cry? Should we grab our AR15s and head out to the nearest hot spot? Given a different jury, a couple slightly different conditions, someone could be spending a long time behind bars.

This time the winds favored the 2A. I honestly can see a completely opposite outcome next time.

My $0.02
Grumpy

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Didn't watch the interview. Predictable soft ball questions? Did he get asked about financing a stray purchase of a firearm and what he is doing for his buddy who is looking at a potential prison term himself? Dominick Black was there doing the same thing and nobody gives a damn what's happening with him. He's just a collateral damage of KR's and, obviously, his own choices. But KR's as well. His case status hearing was set for today and there's nothing to be found, zero. He doesn't exist in any of 2A advocates minds, at least not any visible way. Somebody here knows anything differently, please share the info.

Given a different jury, a couple slightly different conditions, someone could be spending a long time behind bars.
Just one obscure hunting law, that was the margin allowing to throw him carrying an illegally purchased AR out. Talk about luck.

Reactions: GWarden

·
Registered
I'm a Ruger man.
4,510 Posts
While the young man was not guilty of the charges against him, I don't see him doing it for 2A rights at the time. He will become a puppet and dance to the tune he's given. I see a young, inexperienced individual that didn't think his actions through before going up to Wisconsin. He did put himself in a position where he had to defend himself, and his actions after he was endangered were justified. Is this a rally cry? Should we grab our AR15s and head out to the nearest hot spot? Given a different jury, a couple slightly different conditions, someone could be spending a long time behind bars.

This time the winds favored the 2A. I honestly can see a completely opposite outcome next time.

My $0.02
Grumpy

As I understand it, he was there to protect his grandparents and their business.
I think that is perfectly justified.
Specially considering the rampaging mob that night.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
As I understand it, he was there to protect his grandparents and their business.
I agree with you. Protecting family and family businesses is noble and justifiable.

Now, are Rittenhouse's grandparents named brothers Anmol Khindri and Sahil Khindri? 'Cause those are the names of Car Source business owners whose parking lot that armed group was protecting and where KR shot Rosenbaum.
Anmol Khindri repeatedly testified during a trial that he didn't ask for protection, but that's a side subject.

Reactions: shooter59

·
Registered
545 Posts
So some of y'all bitch about the riots being allowed to go on and nobody doing anything about the destruction of property, but when someone tries to put out a fire and offer medical aid, you bitch about that.

It's no wonder the left is winning. Our side is subjected to "friendly fire" constantly.

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Specially considering the rampaging mob that night.
There was a report from Kenosha in the days immediately following the riot that Kyle was in that part of town in order to protect his grandfather's business. Whether accurate or not, whether if accurate, that was the Car Source or not, remains unclear. The Car Source manager testified that he did ask for help from Kyle's group; if that manager was his grandfather, IDK. All kinds of reasons why Kenosha locals might in good faith call a business "... his grandfather's [ place of ] business ..." aside from ownership. e.g. former owner helping new owners get started; front-end employee who appears in lieu of the owners; etc. And those same reasons why Kyle might consider such to be his grandfather's livelihood.

The MSM makes out Kyle went to Kenosha: entirely to create a false impression; he just stayed there. Although most nights Kyle slept in a town 20mi away in IL, he worked in Kenosha and his father lived there. He was not from out-of-town; his ties to Kenosha are as deep as any he has to any town.

None of that is really material: he was at a place he had every right to be; he was attacked by people who gave every indication of intent to kill him; he defended himself. The 1st made clear his intent to kill Kyle at the "provocation" of seeing Kyle hand out bottled water.

·
Premium Member
14,102 Posts
Those animals who tried to hunt him down like a dog are among the most dispicable on the planet. Godless cowards who only operate in the percieved saftey of a maxsist-mob...Clearly, the Lord was protecting this fine young man Kyle that night as the odds were stacked way against him. And clearly, Kyle did his part, kept his composure, use his skill of arms, and God-Given-Right to SD... to survive.

The animals messed with the wrong young man that night, and the Jury delived a great day for Freedom.

God Bless this young man, we need more like him...
C.A.

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
Oh that’s their new idea: if you are armed then you must have been looking for trouble and are therefore the aggressor. The prosecutor tried that tact in the Rittenhouse trial but it didn’t strike much of a chord.
He also tried saying he should have loaded hollow points intead of fmj. Definitely the first time I've ever heard that one from a prosecutor.

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
There was a report from Kenosha in the days immediately following the riot that Kyle was in that part of town in order to protect his grandfather's business. Whether accurate or not, whether if accurate, that was the Car Source or not, remains unclear. The Car Source manager testified that he did ask for help from Kyle's group; if that manager was his grandfather, IDK. All kinds of reasons why Kenosha locals might in good faith call a business "... his grandfather's [ place of ] business ..." aside from ownership. e.g. former owner helping new owners get started; front-end employee who appears in lieu of the owners; etc. And those same reasons why Kyle might consider such to be his grandfather's livelihood.

The MSM makes out Kyle went to Kenosha: entirely to create a false impression; he just stayed there. Although most nights Kyle slept in a town 20mi away in IL, he worked in Kenosha and his father lived there. He was not from out-of-town; his ties to Kenosha are as deep as any he has to any town.

None of that is really material: he was at a place he had every right to be; he was attacked by people who gave every indication of intent to kill him; he defended himself. The 1st made clear his intent to kill Kyle at the "provocation" of seeing Kyle hand out bottled water.
Absolutely. I'm thinking some of us didn't actually watch the trial. We had a slow week at work, I did watch it, or most of it. That was the most incompetent/corrupt prosecution I've ever seen so far. It's unbelievable that it was even allowed. Both of those guys should be in trials of their own. Along with the head DA.

Whether he should have been there is immaterial. Also whether he was asked is also immaterial, which they were, by the way. Regardless, he had less of a right to put out the fires than the morons setting the fires? Of course not, that's stupid. When the police and fireman are derelict, what do you expect?

I would have went home that night, simply because I have kids and a wife that need me around. Put Kyle in that same situation again and I'll bet ya he goes home too. Doesn't matter, it's irrelevant. He wasn't on trial for that, don't fall into that trap. We're going to keep losing as long as we keep thinking like that.

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
Didn't watch the interview. Predictable soft ball questions? Did he get asked about financing a stray purchase of a firearm and what he is doing for his buddy who is looking at a potential prison term himself? Dominick Black was there doing the same thing and nobody gives a damn what's happening with him. He's just a collateral damage of KR's and, obviously, his own choices. But KR's as well. His case status hearing was set for today and there's nothing to be found, zero. He doesn't exist in any of 2A advocates minds, at least not any visible way. Somebody here knows anything differently, please share the info.

Just one obscure hunting law, that was the margin allowing to throw him carrying an illegally purchased AR out. Talk about luck.
More like a different county or different state and it would have turned out differently.

And it's not a hunting law. I think it's just the law. It's similar here in Idaho. A minor can posses a firearm, they just can't buy one. As long as it's not a pistol or an NFA item, it's legal with the parents consent.

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
And agreed, I feel bad for Dominic Black. Pretty sure a straw purchase is a felony, which means his gun days are over.

If I were Rittenhouse, I'd almost be tempted to lie about the gun. Maybe say it was never intended to be my gun when I turned 18, just to protect my friend. But, I'm not a lawyer, much less Kyle's lawyer in a murder trial.

Hopefully he compensates Dominic with all that Bezos money that's guaranteed coming his way.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts