1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of Dave's excellent Braveheart Ky-Tac holsters (thanks to Joe at SKD) and practice drawing from it regularly. I do about 100 draws a night and notice after each session that a bit of the inside of the holster is stuck to my 1911. I have these plastic shaving bits all around the muzzle end. I'm a little worried that after having waited months to get this holster that it's going to wear out on me - something I never thought would happen with a Kydex rig. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ricky T, my retention screws are a bit tight but I like it that way in case I have to deal with someone via other means (ie: H2H). Actually, although I've never tried to spar with anyone with the holster on (mental note: must do this in the future soon), I'm a little scared that if I have to kick a** the gun will fall out. I guess I'll just have to deal with the shavings and buy a new holster when this one wears out.

BTW, my weapons is a CQB compact. Aren't these supposed to be dehorned to begin with?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.