1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the fit between the frame to slide, metal to metal or metal to poly? Pics look like frame has some metal blended/molded into the poly frame.

Are these guns tight on the slide like I hear Wilsons are when new? Does the poly have different lube requirement or special lube types?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
th55:
The KZ-45 utilizes a special bonded metal frame insert, and is just as accurate as their full metal framed pistols. Besides the lower price point, another feature of the KZ-45 is the external extractor (for those seeking such). Not aware of any special lube requirements, but I personally use the Wilson Ultime-Lube on mine and it works great!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
"Are these guns tight on the slide like I hear Wilsons are when new?"

Mine was quite tight when new but has worn-in so there's some movement. {Suspect it's just the Aromor Tuff wearing down} However, this has not changed the gun's inherent Superb accuracy.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
The frame has a stainless steel insert that has an integral ejector. I've looked at it, and it seems quite sound. It can be made as tight as any other 1911, as far as I can tell. Those that I've played with were fit well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts