1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to order a new recoil spring and shok buffs for some training I'm going to attend at the end of this week and may have to order parts other then Wilson just because of the time issue. Anyone know if the recoil spring is 18.5? Also the only failure I have ever had on my gun is that on occasion I have had the slide not go fully forward after firing a round. I had to strike the rear of the slide with the palm of my hand. Could a higher spring solve this? Say #20. Also does anyone know what thickness the shok buffs they use are? Thanks for any help in this matter.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think standard 18.5 and standard buffer will fit I'll check mine tomorrow. Are your FTFs with reloads or factory ammo?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FTF

The failures have been with lead free and Mag Tech. So, yes it could have been the ammo. I don't think it has happen with my Federal duty ammo.

·
Registered
256 Posts
KING1679, I checked my KZ and those parts looked standard. My KZ had acouple bobles in the first mag or so since then it's run flawlessly. I've never tried those two ammos you listed so try some others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts