1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a problem at Wilson with the KZ45 Compact production. I checked with my dealer in Franklin ,TN. and he says he has had two on order since March. He said he called Wilson a few weeks ago and was told that they are producing a few. I have the KZ45 5" and I would like to have the Compact for carry. :confused:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd suggest calling Wilson...they are great at answering questions like that.

I couldn't find one locally at all. I looked on gunsamerica and found a dealer out of state and had it shipped to my local ffl.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KZ45 Compact Production Problem

5 Toes; Thanks for your reply. I e-mailed SportingArms.com and got a reply today on my inquiry about ordering the KZ45 Compact from them. They said there was a two month lead time because Wilson was out of slides at the curent time:( . Think I'll keep looking for a dealer that has one on hand if that is possible. Glad Wilson is not in the mass producing handgun business:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :D .

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My current carry is a Sig 239 in 357 Sig which is one supper CCW. As much as I like the 5" KZ it is a little too large for me to carry so it will be my home protector. If the compact is as good as the full size I'll have two good carry companions to swap about. I also have a Kimber Eclipse Pro Target II that I'm breaking in to see if it is reliable enough to carry. I'll let you know 5 Toes if I have any luck soon on the Compact.

·
Registered
155 Posts
KZ Compact

Now I wonder if I should worry ? I ordered one two weeks ago, and hadn't figured on a long wait, but it's winter and I don't like chasing brass in the snow so....
There is a CQB Compact on the shelf there....makes me think maybe to move up, but I wanted the KZ's higher capacity too ???
Decisions, decisions !

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Before I started checking out Wilson Combat and bought the KZ 5" I had a Les Baer Concept VIII in mind to buy. I am the type that when I decide on a specific handgun after some heavy research I do not want to wait for long peroid of time to purchase it. My local dealer here was the type that would wait for enough customers to have a long list to order at once. Saved on shipping and he would get a larger discount. I stopped ordering through him and I now drive 105 miles to my new dealer who can have my order within two days if it is not in his stock. I think now that I will order the Les Baer and let Wilson sort out their supply problem. :rolleyes: Even my new dealer can't get the Compact and he is one of the larger dealers that get stock orders first. Maybe he is not in real good with the Wilson sales person yet :biglaugh: :D :biglaugh: :cool: .

·
Registered
114 Posts
I took my KZ out of the safe and carried it IWB over the last few days. Its been a while since I've handled this one and was thinking about how easily it carries with 10 rounds of .45 ACP. Nice lines, shoots great and has a unique feel thats real easy to get hooked on. The only downside to this piece that I can see is its single source for parts, support, etc. It took me months to get some spare magazines. I'm not writing this to complain, their service has been excellent otherwise. Its just that when you buy a truly custom piece like this you give up the benefit of third party parts availability. Wilson out sources some of them (like the magazines) and sometimes even they can't control availability. I like my KZ and hope to have parts and service as needed long into the future... may Wilson live long and prosper. :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Hey 5 Toes. Been out and real busy for a few days. I really like my 5" KZ. I have no complaints at all as to function or accuracy. Maybe I'll just slice the barrel and slide off just a tad and call it a compact and then go out and buy myself a new KZ 5":rolleyes: . Nah ! :p :D :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts