1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Under Caliban rule, I understand that I have to have a pistol registered to me as it was tested by the DOJ. This means that I cannot buy a KZ45 Stainless direct from Wilson. Do you guys know if Wilson would let me send it back to them, pay the difference in parts, then have them deck it out as a KZ45 Stainless or am I 'stuck' with the black pistol?

PS how is the 'tactical' safety any more tactical than the ambi safety?

------------------
Skunkabilly Records
www.skunkabilly.com
People's Republic of California

·
Registered
724 Posts
Have you considered just having the slide hard chromed or am I missing something? I have a black KZ on order.

------------------
Whoever said you can’t buy happiness never owned a good 1911.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Shootist--some other parts of the gun like the mag release, thumb safety, etc., are also stainless. I'd like to get a KZ45 Stainless but then I'd be not 'not unsafe' according to the California DOJ. Gotta get my stainless pimp gun!

·
Registered
724 Posts
I understand completely! I have a stainless Springfield and a stainless “precision” rifle. (Actually it’s a box stock Rem-700 Varmint that just shoots really well.)

Fortunately (for me and my Ars, et.al.) I turned down a company transfer to the P.R.C. We finally even got a CCW law passed here in greater NM, but now the state Supremes are involved, so it’s delay, delay, delay. As Slick Willey would say “I share your Pain”.

Best, Joe

------------------
Whoever said you can’t buy happiness never owned a good 1911.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts