1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got the CBOB on Friday evening, too late to make it to the range, so I spent the evening with the DH on the kitchen island...cleaning our guns. Nice quality time for non-newlyweds! ;)

Saturday we went to our local public range, where we have unlimited time membership. It gets crazy busy on the weekends, but it's a nice clean modern range with motorized target carriers --and heat!

Got there around noon, and put about 300 rounds of Federal 230 grain FMJ through her. I experienced one failure to feed early on, which I blamed on operator error (mine) in failing to seat the factory magazine completely. My husband did experience one other at about round 200, in the middle of the same magazine.

I started at 21 feet, just to get a feel for her. This is my first time using night-sights, and I found them very dim and hard to see the front sight in the indoor lighting. I wanted to move out to 45 or 50 feet (the farthest this range offers), but the the lights were not working at the end of the lane I was using, so the target was in the dark. The place was full, so I couldn't change lanes. Next time!

This visit was mostly just to put as many rounds through the CBOB as possible, while having much fun doing it! I think if I'd charged a fee for all the people that wanted to handle and shoot her, I'd have covered my ammo costs! :eek:

All in all, very smooth sailing! The biggest problems I experienced were the dim front sight (I missed the gold bead I'm used to) and the grip screws working loose by the end of the afternoon.

What a dream to shoot! The CBOB fits my hand like it was made for me, and the trigger was smooth and broke like the proverbial glass rod.

I might explore changing the front sight to something more visible in indoor light or daylight, but otherwise she's perfect!

So, here are my targets:

My first target, starting at the center bulls-eye, and then moving clockwise from upper right, eight rounds in each.

The last two of the day, left was 16 rounds and right was 8 rounds, both at 21 feet.

Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the satisfied smile I wore on my face for the rest of the day! :biglaugh:

After we left the range, my husband stopped by the local shop and ordered himself a Marksman! :)

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Great Report and some terrific shooting, even with the front sight, not to your liking. Oh and another beautiful CBOB. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Outstanding Range Report, and Thanks.
You even shoot better then some of the guys on this forum...........

Clyde

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Thanks for the report and the pics! Very nice groupings you have there.
What's "DH"? Designated Husband is all I can come up with and that doesn't sound right.......
I guess the hub is sold if he ordered a Marksman. You're now able to be considered a COTEP apostle you know. :rock:
Sarge

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
great shooting and report, very glad to see that all went so well for you with your new weapon and that you are so pleased with it. continue on with your fun and don't be a stranger.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What's "DH"? Designated Husband is all I can come up with and that doesn't sound right.......
Dear Hubby or Dear Husband. Also see DD, DS...although I don't think I've ever seen DW --maybe it's a girlie forum thing??

Although "Designated" works: I designate things for him to do. ;)

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Boy I dang sure don't want you mad at me.

That's some fine shootin'.
Thank you! I learned trigger control shooting double-action revolvers before I recently got into 1911s.

That, and "date night" is typically spent at the range... :)

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
Well done.
That's about 400 lbs of dog you have in your pic besides.

Bob

·
Registered
167 Posts
EXCELLENT shooting!!!! You did a nice write up and the pictures speak for themselves!! It will take a long, long time for the ear to ear grin to stop!!

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Good shooting there for sure! Sounds like a marraige made in a gun shop! :biglaugh: Hubby needs to check in here with a report on the Marksman.

Love the dogs in your 'me' photos! Our shop on the lake had a goat farm by the road on the way and I always smiled when I saw these huge white dogs laying under a tree watching over their herd.:)

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
The biggest problems I experienced were the dim front sight (I missed the gold bead I'm used to) and the grip screws working loose by the end of the afternoon.
Shooting looks good!!

I am presently working on getting a gold bead for my CBOB...I'll let you know how I make out....One problem is the height (mine is .150") it's a Novak cut but being a Commander I am having a bit of a time finding the "right" parts.

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Your good. You can fight out of my fox hole any time. :rock:

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Thank you! I learned trigger control shooting double-action revolvers before I recently got into 1911s.

That, and "date night" is typically spent at the range... :)
"Date night" at the range!! :eek:

Wow... I need to find me one with that kinda thinkin. LOL

Thats some seriously good shooting there! Nice report.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nice shooting.

:rock:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts