·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all.

I am new to this group and curious about my
hand canon.
I have a LAR Grizzly winmag mark1 in 357 mag
blue frame and slide. what time frame for manufacture sn#A0044XX?
Can any colt or other makers parts inter fit
and what may thay be?
I dont want to sell but what about value?

Regards: Paul

------------------
largrizzley

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Unfortunately I can't help you but I wanted to say welcome to the forum!

------------------
"You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty..we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I'd prefer you just said thank you and wen on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!" Col. Nathan R. Jessep

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shiroikuma and Lupey.

Thank you for the welcome and the
information. I do think the quality of the LAR's are very good and it fills my hand when I shoot it.
It shoots well with hp,s but if hacks @
SWC set up for inside range"stove pipes",
Other than not likeing hand loads it is great fun to shoot.

------------------
largrizzley

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a Grizzly in 1986 and it had both the 45 WinMag and .357 conversion kits with it. I don't recall the serial number unfortunately. I later sold that gun and bought a Mark V chambered in 50 AE. They are very nice guns. BTW, you really don't have to change the extractor and ejector when going from .357 to .45 Win Mag. They are marked differently, but they will work with either caliber just fine. All you would need is a 45 Win Mag barrel, magazine and recoil spring to convert it over. The bushings are interchangable as well.

The .357 Mag springs are color coded Purple, whereas the .45 Win Mag springs were either not marked or color coded gold.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Grizzly 45 Win Mag wanted

I'm looking for a nice Grizzly 45 Win Mag to buy or trade for. Does any one have one or know of one that might be available?

·
Registered
6 Posts
paullabo said:
Hello to all.

I am new to this group and curious about my
hand canon.
I have a LAR Grizzly winmag mark1 in 357 mag
blue frame and slide. what time frame for manufacture sn#A0044XX?
Can any colt or other makers parts inter fit
and what may thay be?
I dont want to sell but what about value?

Regards: Paul

------------------
largrizzley
Hey! I have one in 10mm Auto plus 2 conversion kits, 357 and 45 WM.

The 357 dings the brass extensively, you have any pointers here?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Erik, you may want to climb into the Wayback Machine and dial it for about six years ago if you'd like Paul to answer your last question... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts