1911Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Monkey Grips all over the place got to love those!

Ricky T/Aubry:
These Larry Davidson grips are great aren't they? I see that Ricky T has no beveled bottom and mainspring releif cut on his. Ricky, is that a Wilson CQB in black? I've got a Wilson CQB is black/grey myself. Hey Aubrey I've got both those Kuhnhausen books and several others to name a few. NATIONALMATCH

·
Super Moderator
13,847 Posts
NATIONALMATCH said:
Ricky T/Aubry:
These Larry Davidson grips are great aren't they? I see that Ricky T has no beveled bottom and mainspring releif cut on his. Ricky, is that a Wilson CQB in black? I've got a Wilson CQB is black/grey myself. Hey Aubrey I've got both those Kuhnhausen books and several others to name a few. NATIONALMATCH
NATIONALMATCH:
I really like the 4x4. The pistol is a Chip McCormick frame slide with Wilson barrel custom built by Marvin Fair and Pete Single. The finish is the second coat since I worn off the original parkerized finish. It is polymer/teflon applied by John Harrison of Precision Gunworks.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Monkey Grips

BCurry,

As you can see from Larry Davidsons web site. The Monkey grips are available in custom configurations. For those with funneled magwells the flat bottom with mainspring housing pin covered would be an option. As you see my S&W 1911 has the beveled bottom with mainspring housing pin relief cuts. Obviously Larry Davidson makes variations of the Monkey Grips and this is a very good thing. Regarding the material used for these grips. I was told are a composite which is very solvent resistant and strong. What impressed me most was the overall inner smoothness of the grip panels. The thickness, density and feel of these grips is about as good as grips can be configured. The Monkey Grips really make the pistol feel good in your hand and great while riding in a holster riding up against you. I was drawn to these grips because of the look. These Monkey Grips feel as good as they look in your hand. In fact, if I had a black stainless Springfield. The first thing I would do is replace the grips with Monkey Grips. NATIONALMATCH

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.