1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hilton Yam article on E series?

Some years ago Hilton Yam did an article on the E series. Does anyone have a copy of the article or a link? I've been googling like crazy. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Interesting thread above. I have both internal and several S&W's with external extractors.

My early PC 1911 has a 2 digit JMB serial number and a couple of E-Series along with several modern designed S&W's. (59xx,45xx and M39) All with external extractors.

Never a problem with any, period! Smith is still perfecting the thing since around the early 1960's!

Another thing not mentioned was the 1935, JMB: BHP with external extractor!

Smiles,

·
Registered
21,845 Posts
Interesting thread above. I have both internal and several S&W's with external extractors.

My early PC 1911 has a 2 digit JMB serial number and a couple of E-Series along with several modern designed S&W's. (59xx,45xx and M39) All with external extractors.

Never a problem with any, period! Smith is still perfecting the thing since around the early 1960's!

Another thing not mentioned was the 1935, JMB: BHP with external extractor!

Smiles,
Well, S&W "perfected" their extractors over a long period. Even the 1911oids; the SWs have a narrow extractor that Mr Yam didn't like, the Es a wide one.

Mr Browning was long dead, and Msr Saive probably retired by the time the bean counters at FN put in the external extractor and roll pin.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Im confused is it Larry Vickers or Hilton Yam your asking about.....or am I in the Twilight Zone.....Lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Im confused is it Larry Vickers or Hilton Yam your asking about.....or am I in the Twilight Zone.....Lol
^^ This

Sent from my Vivo XL4 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts