1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought about putting this in the "Best 1911 Movies" but it's not a movie question - my apologies also go out if this question should go somewhere else.

If anyone saw Las Vegas last night, Tom Selleck's character's 1911 played a pretty nice role.

Could anyone tell what it was? I know this is dorky, but as a child of the 80's, I'm a Magnum fan from the beginning.

Thanks,

twomarks

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Not to mention he's a big 2nd Amendment supporter. I thought that the show was going to go down the tubes when James Cann left but it's actually gotten even better with Tom Selleck. He is the man!

Almost every episode has a 1911 shot in it and it's clear that he knows how to handle a firearm. A+ for the show!

I'll have to take a closer look, the last episode defiantly didn't have front cocking serrations so I'm not so sure it was a S&W. Maybe.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Tom Selleck for President!

Naw I guess one actor in that office was enough, but he is a staunch NRA supporter, and has had a number of custom guns made for some of the movies he has been in.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys - it's a guilty pleasure - but I do enjoy that show - even more now that Mr. Selleck's on it.

II

btw: how are the Gunsite's when compared with the Wilson Professionals and CBQ's of the world?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I loved Tom Selleck in Magnum PI, my favorite show ever. And yes he does have an affinity for 1911 pistols.

He's also been using them in those straight to DVD Jessie Stone movies he's been doing about a local sheriff in Maine.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I loved Tom Selleck in Magnum PI, my favorite show ever. And yes he does have an affinity for 1911 pistols.

He's also been using them in those straight to DVD Jessie Stone movies he's been doing about a local sheriff in Maine.
Just to nitpick, the Jesse Stone movies are Made-for-TV Movies not Straight to DVD. They are aired on CBS.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
In the show last week at the opening of the show when Tom Selleck recieves a phone call he draws his 1911 out of a belt slide and does a chamber check and on my DVR it appeared to have a 4" bull barrel. Later on in the show when he draws down on the two killers his 1911 appears to have a stainless barrel bushing of 5". I guess Tom owns a lot of 1911s' and has the same sickness...I mean passion we all have.:)

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
In the show last week at the opening of the show when Tom Selleck recieves a phone call he draws his 1911 out of a belt slide and does a chamber check and on my DVR it appeared to have a 4" bull barrel. Later on in the show when he draws down on the two killers his 1911 appears to have a stainless barrel bushing of 5". I guess Tom owns a lot of 1911s' and has the same sickness...I mean passion we all have.:)
He uses the same S&W Gunsite throughout the show. The Gunsite has the silver bushing, and the standard short Commander GI style guide rod and plug. Tom Gresham confirmed that's the one he uses on the Las Vegas show. That's also the one he was using the last time he trained at Gunsite.

I'm sure Selleck personally has many 1911's, he does seem to like the style. So far no one's been able to positively identify the 1911 he uses on the Jesse Stone movies.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I noticed it had what looked like Stag grips, but other than that, I couldnt' tell if it was a Kimber, or Smith or Colt.

All trendy-ized 1911s with beavertails, novaks and the likes look the same to me.
Mil Specs stand out now.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts