1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally gotten my first colt 1911A1,that I have wanted for over 20 yrs,

and now would like to start reloading for it.
It seems without a doubt that laser cast is the way to go,from what everyone says. I went to their site and saw that the price is the same for eather the 200gr swc, or the 200gr rn.As a new 1911 owner it would seem to me that the RN would be more in line with what the pistol was originally chambered to shoot, ie. Ball ammo, but most of you talk about using swc's. Does a swc feed better in the gun or is there another reason that so many of you like the swc . Thanks for the info.!! Boy I can't wait till I get a new Dillon. Oh Well,.,.,. for now I'll just have to keep them old forearms in shape pullin on that 30 yr old Rockchucker Handle.!
Thanks Again, I sure am glad I found this Site. Powderhound in Washington State

·
Registered
21,730 Posts
I have a few of the LC 200 gr roundnose. They have a slight shoulder between the ogival nose and the bearing surface, which makes a cleaner hole in a paper target than ball. It does not hurt feeding in any gun I have tried (Except a revolver.) I think it a great idea that was a long time coming (Ever since they discontinued the original 1905 load, whenever that was.) You can get 200 gr ballistics without the trouble and expense of gunsmith throating. Maybe.

·
Registered
68 Posts
A third option is the .45 200grn. .452 RNFP designed for the .45Colt. This offers the RN profile of the ACP RN without the shoulder. Feeds extremely well thru an unthroated 1911 and is accurate to boot. It's my first choice nowdays for general purpose .45ACP shooting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts