1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on the Laser-Cast website that they were offering free shipping for online orders. IT OUGHTA BE FREE!!!!......they raised prices over my last pricing sheet by around 30+%!!

Say "shipping is included in prices," not "one-time special online offer" or some such other nonsense. Grrrrrr......

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Now given the huge cost of shipping heavy things like bullets, you didn't really expect that it's not figured into the price, did you?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is off their actual website:

Oregon Trail® Bullet Company Price List -- 08/01/'00
ONLINE SALE SHIPPING INCLUDED

To me, this connotes that you're being charged the regular price (before shipping), but, because you're one of the New World online shoppers, you get shipping thrown in for free.

I was interested in some .38 cal bullets that were on my price list for $36; the "online sale" offered them to me for $48. Wow....what a great deal for me, Suzy SmartEShopper.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Originally posted by fremont:
ONLINE SALE SHIPPING INCLUDED...

...but, because you're one of the New World online shoppers, you get shipping thrown in for free.
Sorry, I just don't read "shipping included" to mean "shipping for free".

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I read it as "shipping included in the total price".

This just lets you know up front what the final cost will be.

Compared to the BS from Midway recently, this is nothing.

[This message has been edited by Walking Point (edited 09-06-2001).]

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think some are missing my point:

Fact #1: Current price list quotes prices (admittedly without shipping) at $36.00;

Fact #2: On the website, a reference is made to the following:

2a) A "sale" which connotes a pricing discount from the normal pricing sheet; and

2b) "hipping included" which infers that you will not have to pay anything extra for the shipping (i.e., FOB recipient from a Bill of Lading perspective).

Adding a 1/3 over the regular price and putting those words, and their inferences, on the website is deceptive IMO....simply not a "grey area" open for uncertainty.

What I expected to see when I read those words was $36.00 with shipping included. Now THAT would have lived up to the letter & spirit of their posting.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
This is the same language they've always used since they started figuring the shipping into the listed price. I never understood it to mean the shipping was free.

As for the sale aspect, I agree that a sale should result in a lower price than normally listed. If it isn't, then maybe somebody hired Midway's advertising morons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts