1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My shooting partner (a Glock fanboy) picked up a new training software (http://lasrapp.com) that will function with any laser pistol. He is using a Sirt pistol (Glock style). Admittedly, the program was more robust and practical than my initial expectations. The program is fully customize and allows you to create scenarios and set target location. My living room turned into a shooting gallery for a couple of hours. Honestly, I can see the benefit on dry firing with ability to track timing, shot placement, and also movement (POA) while pulling the trigger.

My problem is I need a 1911 model trainer that will allow multiple shots without needing me to rack slide or cock hammer between shots. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I use the Laserlyte in my carry gun for inside the home training. The quality brass devise works every time. Yes, pulling the hammer back, activating thumb safety, holstering, drawing, disengaging safety then engaging target is a PITA....but it works.
If someone would invent something to mimic recoil using my oun pistol and give unlimited shots, that would be great but very expensive.
It's really incredible how much more stable you become while using the laser. Red streaks turn into dots. Try it with your friends, it's humbling.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have the laser ammo surestrike (same company as the laser software). It works great in my glock & my 1911.

Only problem is that you do need to cock the hammer. The advantage is that you're using the real trigger in yurt own gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts