1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a full size CQB and use 8-round Wilson mags. I put about 1800 rounds of Sellier and Bellot 230gr FMJ through the gun with no problems whatsoever. I switched to Federal American Eagle 230gr FMJ (bought on sale when my S&B ran out), and I got a FTF almost every time on the last round in the mag. The round makes it almost all the way into the chamber, but seems to be hanging up on the top of the chamber. It is over 3/4 of the way in.

I'm assuming there's some difference in OAL or something like that at play here, but thought I'd ask you all for your input. Anybody else seen this ? Anything I should check ? The same American Eagle ammo worked ok in my full size Kimber.

I've been a very happy camper with S&B ammo for years, so I'm back to that when the American Eagle runs out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had that problem only twice in the life of my Mil-spec..
1st was with winclean ammo, just stopped using it. Second was when the mim slide stop bent out of shape. As soon as I replaced the part it took to feeding ammo like ravenous shark

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
alzo, you have this posted in the WILSON Forum too, so I'll lock this one. Look for answers in that forum and thread.

Please post threads in only one forum. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.