1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kimber Pro Carry II in 40 S&W that on the last round in the mag the shell will not feed correctly.* The nose of the bullet will jump straight up and the rim of the case is still in the mag.It almost looks like a stovepipe with a loaded shell.* It does it all three of the mags that I have.* This is a fairly new gun, only around 200 rounds.:confused:* Any ideas or help is appreciated.

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
Sounds like bad magazine feed lips. With all 3 doing it it may be a design flaw.

Try a Metalform .40SW magazine, the one with the round top follower.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Sometimes it is the magazines...but all too often the gun is oversprung when this happens. Try a 1 or 2 pound lighter recoil spring...I was having the same problem as you...but with a different brand of gun. I went through several mag springs and 4 different brands of magazines...none fixed it. I put a 1 pound lighter recoil spring in it and it has ran like a champ since. The slide is out running the mag spring, but the mag spring is not always the reason.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All of the mags are new, 2 Kimbers and 1 Sprimgfield. The recoil sprimg is the factory spring, a 18 lb.. I only now have about 350 rounds thru the gun since I bought it. Should I wait until around 500 rounds are run thru it before I start complaining?

It seems to get worse as the gun gets dirter. I went to the range today and it was not a problem until after about 125 rounds.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Kimber feed issue

I had an occasional FTF on my KImber Custom II for the first 300 rounds and then it finally went away. It happened on "S.A." marked 1911 7-rounders and on the Kimber marked 7-rounders (which are identical to the former).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts